News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

A New range for Florida

Started by ScubaSteve, August 24, 2023, 07:55:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScubaSteve

Ok, its actually an old range coming back.  We had our last shoot in Eustis, Fl back in 2019. Covid shut us down and we just never made it back.  Last night I met with the Board of Directors for the range, and they have invited us back. We have preliminary approval for both Rifle and Pistol events at the range.

We do still have some details to work out with their chief RSO. This will enable us to get a new host range agreement on file. The expectation is our first event will be early next year.

Thanks for all you guys do in Florida and now we have another location for us all to do it in. :)

Steve

codyClemonade

Can't wait! This will probably be my second closest Appleseed host range.

Cleveland

The highest level of mastery is simplicity. Most information is irrelevant and most effort is wasted, but only the expert knows what to ignore. James Clear

Rifleman 19April2015
KD Qualified 17Oct2015
Pistoleer™ 12Dec2020
KD Requal 11Nov2021 50/50
Pistol IBC/Charter Pistol Instructor Antioch 2-22
200y RKD Qualified 14May2022

Pirategirl

Excited to be back in Eustis!  Can't wait.  What a great range to hold a shoot!
What doesn't kill you makes cool scars, and scars are tattoos with better stories.

malabar

Great Work Steve!

I know the East's area, but haven't been up that way in 15 years. Used o go bass fishing up there with my father-in-law.

tk
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

TomM1Thumb

I do believe that Eustis would be a GREAT Place for a Ladyseed, as it does have a great air conditioned Classroom, and some excellent Bathrooms. also I think that they have a refrigerator, that maybe used to store lunches.
Also there are some nice Hotels or Motels near By.
" The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. €�  - Alexander Hamilton
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

JustKim

AWESOME!!!  Can't wait to attend an event there!  I say any range is a good range for a Ladyseed -- Let's make it happen!!
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

TomM1Thumb

Did I forget to mention, that it has a covered Firing line.
" The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. €�  - Alexander Hamilton
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine