News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

April 19 note

Started by Oleg Volk, April 10, 2009, 02:14:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oleg Volk

BaldDragn

"Anxiety and stress are the children of apathy and ignorance." - Jack Spirko

Saving the USS America - Good work if you can get it: Group Consensus, Sac 06/09 Instructors Meeting.

SAPPER STEEL!

eaglescouter

Very nicely done, direct, but subtle.
Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleer™:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

POP

Oleg,

I like what you have done here.    O0
The message is extremely clear.   &)
The message is not inflammatory. 

I presume that pictured are you and the Mrs.

Can you change the date to 1775?  and then post in a format that I can download and print? Soon? (I don't want much).

I'd like to use it for 2A promos, Tea Parties, and for this coming April 18-19 shoot here in Corpus Christi.

Thanks, hope to meet you on the trail,

POP

3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

TaosGlock

89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

Oleg Volk

I will correct tonight and post as JPEG and as a PDF.

Oleg Volk

colycat

Olig, your stuff  is GREAT 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Why did you not shoot in Manchester TN last October when I was there.  My loss, really.
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

gooch

Excellent work Oleg.  O0

Well Done.

For those that are not familiar .... Mr Volk is a professional photographer who has done Many photos in support of the right to keep and bear arms by the common "man". [Meant Inclusively as in all humans male or female.]
[ And He has an exceptional "eye" for models as well.  .... Ahem ...   ::) ]

Check his site out if you like.  Oleg Volk

You should know before you go there that some of the photos show women dressed as Mother Nature designed them. [Hint = nude except for their rifle or pistol.]  :o
If you are offended by the original design by Mother Nature of the female body then you should probably just take my word for the HIGH quality of the photography.   <:)

While his site does not specify Appleseed directly [to my limited knowledge] none the less the "tenor" of his site is very closely pointed in the "correct" direction. {IMO}  Freedom, Liberty and the Right to exercise those Freedoms handed down to us by our founding fathers.

Now back to Appleseed-ing ....

edit to correct the link address.  Oops
"All it takes for tyranny to prosper is for good men to do nothing."  Gooches Version

"To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill.
To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill."
SUN-TZU

eaglescouter

Gooch, the link to Mr. Volk's website is incorrect, it goes to a domain for sale.
Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleer™:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

hawkhavn

It is olegvolk.net not .com
Oleg has been to several Appleseeds and has done some great Appleseed photos, I use the one with George and son at every gunshow.

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

gooch

Quote from: eaglescouter on April 11, 2009, 01:15:54 PM
Gooch, the link to Mr. Volk's website is incorrect, it goes to a domain for sale.

Yep.
Mea Culpa [My mistake]
I go to correct the link right now.

Sorry folks.
"All it takes for tyranny to prosper is for good men to do nothing."  Gooches Version

"To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill.
To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill."
SUN-TZU

SamD

Another beauty Oleg.
Thanks and keep them coming

Sam

V

For many, many years I've had a link to Oleg's activist site which he, being the excellent gentleman that he is, would not stoop to promote on appleseed's working boards. So I'll take the flogging for him

A Human Right

Thanks Oleg.

scuzzy

History repeats itself.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

hawkhavn

...and don't forget the excellent and Appleseed friendy The High Road.us at:
http://www.thehighroad.us/index.php

Hawkhavn
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

txpirate

!!!Oleg is an appleseeder!!!?!?
Awesome! I've been a high-roader for a long time.

Oleg Volk

Pity I wasn't able to come this weekend. I just transitioned to purely freelance work and spent the weekend catching up on projects.

Some new images at http://olegvolk.livejournal.com -- and many more coming soon.

jacques

Quote from: Oleg Volk on April 20, 2009, 02:00:09 AM
Pity I wasn't able to come this weekend. I just transitioned to purely freelance work and spent the weekend catching up on projects.

Some new images at http://olegvolk.livejournal.com -- and many more coming soon.

And a fine weekend it was in Santa Barbara. Weather was beautiful. Two new riflemen and both took the hat! A lot of people really appreciated the history lesson.

Your picture is great Oleg. I like it. You should visit us at Calguns sometime soon!
Two Words-Meriams Corner