News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Coeur d'Alene, ID, 22-23 April 2023 Patriots Day 25m Rifle AAR

Started by P7, April 25, 2023, 06:35:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P7

The 2023 Patriots Day Appleseed 25m Rifle Clinic was a successful, meaningful event for both instructors and participants. 

Although rain was predicted for both days, we got lucky with the weather and only had rain for a few minutes later on Sunday afternoon, and that while we were already under cover with targets posted!

We saw a great deal of improvement all around, with a mix of youth shooters, new shooters, experienced shooters, and a few returning Riflemen.  With an age range from nine to 69, the event exemplified the meaning of "posterity", as the lessons, skills, and stories of our shared heritage were refreshed for the adults and passed on to the younger generation.

The instructors appreciated the patience of the shooters as we worked through some of the wrinkles of using a re-organized course of fire for the first time, as well as their focus and attentiveness to both shooting skills and safety.

We had one Rifleman re-qualify (several times!), one new Rifleman, and several who were "knocking at the door" with good solid scores that fell just short of qualifying.  Remember - a Rifleman persists!  Some practice and attention to being consistent with the basics will get you to Rifleman.

Thanks to everyone who participated - we look forward to your comments, as they help us to continually improve the quality of our instruction and the value of the experience.

Bradley "Brad" Foster (P7)

313-549-4956
bradley.foster@appleseedinfo.org

"The great object is that every man be armed."  - Patrick Henry

Slainte

Thank you all for coming! We had two beautiful days to practice our marksmanship; in one of the few countries left in the world where a citizen is allowed to.  We heard some good history, learned of our heritage, and hopefully came away with some appreciation for our founding patriots.

What a great group of shooters!  The line represented our citizenry well.

Thank you for allowing me to come over to Idaho to help you guys out and meet a great group of shooters!  Please remember to bring a new person to your next Appleseed event, which I suspect you will be attending....

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it."  -Thomas Paine

Slainte

sensorguy

1st I would like to thank everyone for attending. It's been a few years since I have had the time to attend either as instructor or participant. Had a great time. I would have liked to have done more shooting at AQT targets and done fewer squares. I totally understand the need for the squares with newer shooters but the 400 yd targets are what the more advanced shooters need. Perhaps using both the squares and the AQT target at the same time based on the skill level is a way to accomplish both goals.

I will be up again and hopefully dragging some others along.