News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Yates earns a Red Hat!

Started by EZ3, April 20, 2023, 05:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZ3

PA cadre, please join me in congratulating Yates on his shiny new RED HAT!    :partytime:

Thanks for picking up a bigger bucket, Mike!
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

USSEnterpriseCV6

Our task is to deal with the dust, but not to burn down the house in order to remove it.
-Francis Schaffer

Rifleman 8/28/22

cwcdl79

Chico

Congratulations, Mike, on achieving a well earned goal.
Oct 30/31  1st Appleseed - Gibsonburg (232)

March 5/6  1st Winterseed - WolfCreek (225)
March 5  Cleared RedCoat (Sat am & pm)
March 6  Orange Hat ( I requested Blue )
Aug 20/21 1st Pistol Clinic - Wolf Creek (220)
Aug 21  Cleared Pistol RedCoat
Sept 11  10 Event Pin (Canfield)

Oct 9  Red Hat - Marengo (Meadow)

February 4/5 Shoot Boss IBC (M.O.)
April 1/2 Pistol IBC Annapolis, Maryland
April 2 Pistol Instructor (Catch-10-22)

CMP Range Safety Officer - Rimfire
CMP Range Safety Officer - Smallbore
CMP Range Safety Officer - Air Rifle/Pistol
ISSF Range Safety Officer - Air Rifle/Pistol
Certified - SafeSport Trained
Royal Rangers Counselor - Rifle/Archery

We fight, get beat, rise, and fight again . . . Nathaniel Greene

Crazyduckhunter

Congrats and well deserved.
CDH

Charles McKinley

Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

JustKim

ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

ItsanSKS

Yates-

While I haven't had the pleasure of working with you on the firing line, you are Family.  There's little more that can be said- you have put forth the effort, and have been found to be full of the American Spirit.  Congratulations Sir. 

May you always look upon the moment of receiving the Red Hat as a point of pride in your life.  May the Red Hat sit upon your head with a recognition of the debt owed: to the founders who made it possible, and to your mentors who steered you upon the path. 

That Red Hat signifies an understanding of the debt owed, and a willingness to see that said debt is paid forward.  May it rest lightly upon your head, knowing that you have paid your debt forward, and then some.

Should you ever find yourself in Alaska, know that you have an extended family here, with welcoming arms.

-ItsanSKS
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

EZ3

I neglected to mention  :slap:

All other requirements being previously completed, earning the Red Hat also promotes Yates to Pistol Instructor.  It's a "two-fer"!
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

Mrs. Smith

Bonus!!!  That's efficient, that is!

Well done
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

Cleveland

Huzzah, well done.

Liberty,
Cleveland
The highest level of mastery is simplicity. Most information is irrelevant and most effort is wasted, but only the expert knows what to ignore. James Clear

Rifleman 19April2015
KD Qualified 17Oct2015
Pistoleerâ„¢ 12Dec2020
KD Requal 11Nov2021 50/50
Pistol IBC/Charter Pistol Instructor Antioch 2-22
200y RKD Qualified 14May2022

AF5US

Pistol promotion is done and in the books!  O0
Rifleman:                          04/2016
Known Distance Rifleman:  10/2018
Pistoleerâ„¢:                          08/2019
Distinguished Rifleman:      07/2020
Morgan's Shingle:              12/2021
Standing Morgan's Shingle: 11/2022
Member: GOA (Gun Owners of America)
Member: FPC (Firearms Policy Coalition)
Life Member: NRA (National Rifle Association)

Eagle Keeper

I have come here to chew gum and teach riflemen the art of shooting one hole groups and I'm all out of bubblegum.
   Z-man
You can't shoot perfect if you don't know what perfect looks like.
     Somebody

jiminbolivar

Congrats Yates!!! I must have missed this earlier.
I don't always shoot AQT's, but when I do, I prefer iron sights.