News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

KD range?

Started by Roswell, December 01, 2022, 08:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roswell

I Project Appleseed Georgia needs a Known Distance range. Can anyone help?  :sos:

We used to have one, but it has been quite some time. Most of our Instructors are in North Georgia or Middle Georgia so, near there would be best to cut costs. The current ranges we have, just aren't long enough. We need to be able to shoot at intervals of 100, 200, 300, and 400 yards. We also of course need a place not too far off the beaten path because we want people to come. So, near a town with a hotel and place to eat would be key. These are 2 day events after all. I've had to cancel too many events last year due to lack of attendees and would hate to do so with a new range. Any suggestions are welcome. If you have a range yourself and want to help, even better (Please PM me if that is the case although I'll see it here too). Thank you.

In Liberty,
Roswell
State Coordinator
Known Distance Qualified: Talladega, AL 12-3-16 - 45/50; Distinguished 49/50 - Talladega, AL 12-8-19
Instructor Boot Camp: Toccoa, GA 7-13, 8-15; Pelham, TN 2-14, 2-16; Columbiana, AL 2-15; Canton, GA 2-18, 1-19, 2-20, 2-21, 3-22, 2-23, 1-24
Shoot Boss Boot Camp and Liberty Seminar: Toccoa, GA 8-14 & Canton, GA 1-19

Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: South Huntsville, AL 5-20; Canton, GA 1-21, 2-24
Pistol Qualified: Spencer, TN 4-10-21
Charter Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: Antioch, TN 2-22 & Canton, GA 1-23

ScubaSteve

I am following this thread. Would love to see this happen.   Just a thought....if somebody has land it does not take much to build a narrow private range. I am sure we know some folks with equipment.   If we find the land I am sure we can get this done.