News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lapwai, ID, Nov 5/6, 2022 AAR

Started by Prescott, November 07, 2022, 02:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prescott

I packed Winterseed rifleman patches in case the weekend ended up worthy of awarding them, but the weather remained relatively nice for the first weekend of November.

It was a pleasure spending the weekend with shooters that were enthusiastic to learn rifle marksmanship and to become reconnected with the heritage of our county.

While no one earned a rifleman patch over the weekend, I was impressed with the progress that everyone made with their rifleman skills.  Unfortunately, the range was operating on winter hours, so the number of AQTs shot was lower than a standard length event.   If a couple more AQTs could have been shot, Rowan and Mike S had the potential to earn their patches.

Remember that persistence is a characteristic of a rifleman.  As was discussed on Sunday, one of the best practice aids is a laser pointer.  This can be attached to your rifle with zip ties and can help reinforce all of the skills learned at the event.   Use the laser while dry practicing to watch what happens to the laser dot while the trigger is squeezed.   The laser dot should remain steady during the squeeze.  If it moves, then the placement of the finger on the trigger is not if the correct location.

I am looking forward to seeing everyone at another AS event next year.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln