News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

NOW IS THE TIME FOR ALL GOOD NEBRASKANS TO COME TO THE AID OF THEIR APPLESEED

Started by Nishnabotna, March 27, 2009, 10:46:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nishnabotna

Folks, I have just sent in the host application for our very own NEBRASKA APPLESEED.  The range will be the Heartland Public Shooting Park.  Date is expected to be Sept 5&6 - yes, Labor Day weekend.  Instead of sitting at home grilling hot dogs and quietly getting drunk, you can spend your time saving America.  Which one sounds more important???   %)
Right now it looks like we'll only have room for about 25 shooters on the line.
More details will follow after it officially hits Eventbrite and registration opens.
This also means that WE NEBRASKANS need to step up to the plate and get the word out.  This might be one of the smaller AS with only 25 spots, but that means that we need to make sure it is SOLD OUT.  We need to ensure that the interest is shown.  This lets us return to the Heartland Public Shooting Park for more Appleseeds in the future and show other ranges in the state that Appleseed is worthwhile - worth expending the effort!
Who are the princes among our Nebraskan men?

ErikAnderson

Quote from: Nishnabotna on March 27, 2009, 10:46:54 AM
Folks, I have just sent in the host application for our very own NEBRASKA APPLESEED.  The range will be the Heartland Public Shooting Park.  Date is expected to be Sept 5&6 - yes, Labor Day weekend.  Instead of sitting at home grilling hot dogs and quietly getting drunk, you can spend your time saving America.  Which one sounds more important???   %)
Right now it looks like we'll only have room for about 25 shooters on the line.
More details will follow after it officially hits Eventbrite and registration opens.
This also means that WE NEBRASKANS need to step up to the plate and get the word out.  This might be one of the smaller AS with only 25 spots, but that means that we need to make sure it is SOLD OUT.  We need to ensure that the interest is shown.  This lets us return to the Heartland Public Shooting Park for more Appleseeds in the future and show other ranges in the state that Appleseed is worthwhile - worth expending the effort!
Who are the princes among our Nebraskan men?

As it's only 5 hours from KC, the Missouri contingent should be able to help.  I'm committed to work that weekend, otherwise I'd help.  I have family in GI and would love the opportunity to work an Appleseed in the Cornhusker state! I'll keep my eyes open for other dates.

Omaha residents - Any landowners or shooting clubs that would hold an event? 

Nishnabotna

Thank you sir!  But I am ashamed that people from Missouri are volunteering to help out before anyone else from Nebraska!  Where are the Nebraska Minute Men, ready to help out at a minutes notice?

Mike Nollett

This is good news. I will spread the word and monitor this development intently.
"You'll never learn how to shoot, until you learn to shoot fundamentally"- Patrick McDonough

Nishnabotna

Mikee, I see that you are a Lincolnite.  After we get some flyers made for this, can you put some out in that area?  We need some boots on the ground over that way to do small things like this.

Nishnabotna

Nishnabotna

Folks, we are officially on the schedule!
http://www.eventbrite.com/event/323021165
I needs me some help, though, to make sure this is a success.  Now is the time to volunteer a little sweat to spread the word.

Antibubba

Nishnabotna,

Far be it for a Californian I can't believe I just called myself that) to tell you what to do, but it sounds like you might need to rustle up some publicity.  You could do worse than to look up THIS fella: 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Anderson_(sport_shooter)

He also wrote an amazing book which could be an Appleseed shooting manual.  What articles I've read about him indicate he is still alive (an important factor if you wish to reach him) but I don't know his condition (he is 70, after all).  Having a two-time Olympic Gold Medal shooter come out, even if only to speak for a few minutes, well, it couldn't hurt.
A rifle cannot win a war; it is just a tool.  Wars are fought and won in the hearts and minds of the people.

Sharps74

Hi everyone, I'm new to Appleseed and just signed up for the Grand Island event (my first one).  I've been wanting to attend one for a long time, so I'm excited we're finally going to have one in Nebraska.  I'm working on converting my 10/22 into a LTR....can't wait to see everyone there!
Proud owner of the world's ugliest Liberty Training Rifle.

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition." – Rudyard Kipling

Join the Nebraska Firearms Owners Association!  http://www.nefirearm.com/

Nishnabotna