News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Appleseed April 18-19, SBRGC, Dulzura CA

Started by Francis Marion, March 27, 2009, 04:00:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Francis Marion

The Appleseed Project:  South Bay Rod and Gun Club, Dulzura, CA

Rifle shooting and American Revolutionary War history all weekend.  Get the most out of your rifle and out of yourself this April. 
Honor brave fallen Americans who gave their lives long ago for your Liberty; on this weekend, let's honor them by hearing their story, by remembering them. 

If you are a new or long time rifle owner, spending a weekend learning and refining the basics will improve your shooting.  All skill levels are welcome. 

Learn how to shoot well standing, sitting, prone. 
How to use a loop sling. 
Adjust sights. 
How to mentally, physically fire each shot. 

Military, ladies and youth pay range fees only, that's only $5 per shooter per day. 
(Military families, what other weekend activity can offer this much fun for your whole family at such a low price?)
All others pay $80 both days for walk-on registration, $70 for pre-registration. 

Rev War re-enactors, in uniform, pay range fees only. 

Plan to bring 250 rounds per person per day.  The course of fire is at 25m on scaled targets; this is a challenging and fun course of fire derived from the Army Qualification Test.  The same basics that bring you hits at 25m apply at full distance shooting also. 

What to Bring:  Rifle of your choice, 250 rounds ammo per person per day, ground mat, water, sunscreen, hat, extra mags/stripper clips, sight adjustment tools, sack lunch.  Don't go out for lunch and miss all the History.  Bring a sandwich and hear of the high price that was paid for our Liberty.  Bring plenty of friends and family!

Rifles:  Magazine or tube fed rifles are good choices.  Bring extra magazines.  Sling equipped rifles are good choices, especially with GI M1 Garand slings.  Some Garand slings will be available to purchase at cost, roughly $12 each, but make sure your rifle has 1 ΒΌ inch swivels (not 1" swivels) to fit the Garand sling. 
Scopes are OK.  22 rimfires are good choices due to the cheap price of ammunition and 25m distance. 

San Diego celebrates Liberty at the South Bay Rod and Gun Club in Dulzura this April 18-19. 

Where to Sign up: Online at appleseedinfo.org. 

Host range:  http://www.sbrgc.org/

1020 Marron Valley Road
Dulzura, CA 91917

RobT2K

Anyone registered yet? I've been trying to get the word out at my range, and so far I have had a few takers!

SavageShootr

Quote from: RobT2K on April 05, 2009, 05:26:50 AM
Anyone registered yet? I've been trying to get the word out at my range, and so far I have had a few takers!

Rob,

Welcome to the forum. Thank You for your promotional efforts. There are people registered for the Dulzura event. You can check it out here: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=4469.0

All of the events are updated regularly.

I checked the registration numbers every day (sometimes twice a day) in the weeks leading up to April 18-19th last year.

~SS
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Francis Marion

Quote from: RobT2K on April 05, 2009, 05:26:50 AM

As of April 5, we have 27 shooters registered. 
Thanks for reaching out to help advertise this shoot.  SBRGC is an outstanding facility, in a stunningly beautiful location.
How did you find out about the event?