News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Y'all be careful out there

Started by ScubaSteve, September 26, 2022, 07:30:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScubaSteve

I am not in the state right now but I understand it may rain soon. :(  Be careful out there.

Steve

rambo granny

Imagine you battened down your house before leaving.
Prayers for all.

St Johns River is at 2.67 ft over normal prior to hurricane which is minor flood here now before the hurricane. Another 10 inches rain predicted in our area but actual wind direction before during and after Ian passes will determine how much/how long for flood.
With Ian buzzing up west coast and across, substantial portion of state will be affected by wind/rain/ both. We wouldn't bet against  more flood as " least case " scenario for us. An IAO (improvise/adapt/overcome) for sure. Current predicted track is over us .

At some point power usually goes here. Before that happens, I Just put up an adaptive post for instructors. Please read, comment, ask questions here:
https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=63881.msg404156#msg404156

Back to prepping for us…..

RBC @ IDMR 02/17, requal KD May 2017 @IDMR 49/50,
RBC IDMR 1/18: requal KD, Shingle shot & 2 MOA steel shot @ 300,
RBC IDMR 1/19: requal KD;  >100 events; Post accident>Adaptive 4 min AQT scored 5/1/22
This info block too small for ancient instructors.😉

The IMPOSSIBLE is Not always impossible when an IAO (improvise, adapt, & overcome) is applied! Add focus, creativity and stubborn to win!

Quote from a very wise man, our own amazing Scuzzy:
"Pray. But eventually you're going to have to pick up a rock." - David

TomM1Thumb

I hope and pray that all of Florida Appleseeder's Will be safe and sound During and after hurricane Ian. Please take care Hunker down. This includes all Families and all Friends, Oh Yes Our Student Shooters also.
Tom
" The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. €�  - Alexander Hamilton
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

JustKim

Please everyone stay safe and take care of you!!!
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

BBQ_Bandit

Hope all are safe and out of harm's way!!

Good mojo and prayer enroute
First Appleseed/Cleaned Redcoat 6/13-14/2020
Second Appleseed 7/3-4/2020 (208/250)
Third Appleseed 8/15-16/2020
Blue Hat, Orange Hat, and 222/250

Appleseed Pistol Clinic 
[233/250] Slippery Rock,  PA 5/22-23/2021
[227/250] Annapolis, MD 7/16-17/2022
[233/250] Thurmont, MD 5/20-21/2023

Kinetic Energy

I hope our people in the west and central areas weathered this with just a few minor bruises. 

scuzzy

Hope my Florida brothers get through this without too many problems.

At least all the instructors I've ever met are prepared for just about everything unlike many people in this country. They're smarter than the average bear.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

ScubaSteve

Ouch.....

Some of our brothers and sisters are hurting..  I am sorry I am out of the county. If you need help you have friends. Please reach out.  I find Appleseed people are some of the best people on the planet.

Also remember, I know some of our instructors are lineman, Publix workers and every other person trying their best to get you back to normal.   Show them some love.   

If you are ok thank God...now go help your neighbor. :).  It's what we do!

Ramblin' Wreck

Hey y'all. Please start calling around, assuming this is possible, and check on your fellow Appleseed cadre in the area.

Wreck
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

Cold Warrior

We were fine up in Jacksonville, but have (had) a family home on Ft. Myers Beach, its gone.
Also two uncle's homes in the area had heavy damage.
We hope everyone else is OK.
Wasn't that a mighty storm...
:'(
"The hour is fast approaching, on which the Honor and Success of the Appleseed mission, and the safety of our bleeding Country depend. Remember citizens, that you are free men and women, fighting for the blessings of Liberty; that slavery will be your portion, and that of your posterity, if you do not acquit yourselves like Riflemen." ~ GW & Fred