News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Piru, CA April 18-19, 2009 Appleseed

Started by SavageShootr, March 26, 2009, 05:40:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SavageShootr

It has been a great year at Mt. Appleseed. We are about to have our one year Anniversary as a Designated Appleseed Range (DAR) out at Wes Thompson's Range in Piru, CA. The first ever Appleseed at Piru, CA. was held April 19-20, 2008.

Don't miss this once in a lifetime opportunity to test your skills against the AQT (army qualification target) and learn what it takes to move from being an American rifle owner to becoming an American Rifleman! Sure there will be other Appleseeds, but only one at the one year anniversary of the DAR range in Piru.

Bring your friends, your family, your co-workers and immerse yourself in the heritage that is Rifle Marksmanship in America!!!!

Ladies shoot FREE, under 21's shoot FREE, active military and guard with ID shoot FREE in 2009!

Hone those shooting skills, make new friends, and get back in touch with our Rifleman Heritage.

Get in those pre-reg's for the upcoming April 18-19, 2009 Piru, CA Appleseed. This gives us an idea of how many instructors to have available to be able to properly cover the line, let alone get an accurate count of targets, t-shirts, hand-outs, etc.

So who is coming to the Piru, CA Appleseed April 18-19, 2009 and have you pre-reg'ed yet? Remember....it costs $45 for one day and $70 for two days if you pre-reg and it now costs $50 for one day and $80 for two days if you don't pre-reg.

To make it even more attractive to attend this Appleseed, we are offering a Free Prize Draw to win a Challenge Lifetime Membership which allows you to attend any of Front Sight's two and four-day courses for Handgun, Shotgun, Rifle, Uzi sub-machine gun and M16 Select fire for Free for the rest of your life!

To purchase this life-time membership retail from the Front Sight website would cost you between $7,000 to $12,000 depending on your payment choice.

Everyone in attendance will receive a free draw ticket simply for attending any of the nine April 19th 2009 California Appleseed events. Since Piru is one of those, it qualifies.

Range: Wes Thompson's Piru Rifle Range

Address: 6700 Holser Canyon, Piru, CA

Range Fee: $10/person/day

Camping available: yes, Space at range for 20 spots....no formal "camping area", no hook-ups.....nearest campground is Lake Piru Recreation Area WWW.Lake-Piru.Org (3 miles away)

Hotels: 15 miles to castaic,(courtyard by marriot, embassy suites) 20 miles to valencia (best western, holiday express)

Directions: Interstate 5 North or South to Hwy 126 West and travel about 10.4 miles to Center St.(Lake Piru Rec.Area sign)and turn right. Travel 0.2 miles to Orchard St.(stop sign)and turn right. Travel 0.1 miles to Main St.(stop sign)and turn right towards Lake Piru. This road becomes Piru Cyn Road. Travel 2.5 miles until you see white "Wes Thompson's Piru Rifle Range" sign on right side (Hosler Canyon road)and turn right onto dirt road and travel 1.4 miles. As you cross a stream bed, go thru a gate and veer left at the fork in road, you will see the office trailer on the left.Travel another 1.1 miles up dirt road to the Appleseed Event on the left side.

State Laws to be aware of: Check State Laws http://www.ag.ca.gov/firearms/
*No detachable box magazines may be brought into state with capacity exceeding ten rounds. Unless you owned them prior to Jan1, 2000; then it's OK. All Tubular-magazine 22s are OK.
*"Assault weapons" ban- If you're registered with CA DOJ already, you're fine and can shoot your AK, AR15, G3 etc. with no problem. Might want to Xerox the DOJ document.

Ammunition:  No tracer 
                        Ammo that attracts a magnet is prohibited at this range

Misc: PLEASE OBEY THE POSTED 15 MPH SIGNS ON THE RANGE!!
           There are cattle free ranging along the road.

For more information email: SavageShootr@aol.com

Registration Link: April Appleseed http://www.eventbrite.com/event/187589084

Get signed up, then come out and see what all the fuss is about.
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

sespe

Oh, I'm coming.  Already took the time off from work. 

My wife is coming.  Already got the baby-sitter arranged for both days.

My buddy the re-enactor is coming.  Already has his 10-22 dialed in.  His wife would be shooting too, but she got stuck as the baby-sitter.

My buddy the hillman* is coming.  Just not quite sure yet if he is bringing the whole family.

We're all pre-registered.  Counting the days.   

*he lives in the mountains of northern Ventura county and calls the rest of us 'flatlanders'.  Since he had a bear attack his garage last fall I don't argue with him.

We live just down the road in Fillmore and can help non-locals find lodging, restaurants, etc. 
I appeal to you again to constantly bear in mind that with you, and not with politicians, not with Presidents, not with office-seekers, but with you, is the question, "Shall the Union and shall the liberties of this country be preserved to the latest generation?"  -Abraham Lincoln

SavageShootr

sespe,

It will be great seeing both you and your wife there.

~SS
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.

asminuteman

"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."~ Thomas Paine

I know of no way to judge the future, then by the past. -Thomas Paine

V

I shot IDPA Pistol with my son today down the road at ISI. Handed out a bunch of SWAT and fliers and talked up the April 18/19 weekend so you should get some from that. Some people took a bunch of fliers for "friends in their group"

Cheers
V

SavageShootr

Webdancer, Rick, and MrBill worked down at Costa Mesa today at the Crossroads of the West Gun Show today handing out flyers for Corona, Piru, and San Bernardino, with a few for Dulzura. I know a couple that work the show who are planning on attending Dulzura. I will give them the rest of the Dulzura flyers. I gave some San Bernardino flyers to the man that was working the Lytle Creek booth.

Webdancer said they had lots of interest.

~SS

Francis Marion

THANK YOU all at the booth; WD, Rick, SS, Bill, Bob and the rest of AS Logistics Command, West.
Great work telling folks about the upcoming Liberty celebration, and sorting out so many target boxes. 
The spirit and enthusiasm for this great program stand out.  Well done, all. 

SKYTTE

Hey there!  I'm signed up for Piru 4/18-19.  I have some medical issues I'm dealing with that could affect getting up and down but I'm going to show up anyway just because this is a special weekend.   I'll bring my rifle & ammo in case I can get in a few rounds.  I'm supposed to have a scoped (Mr. Mcgoo!) .22 waiting for me there.  Maybe I'll get to shoot that too.  Looking forward to seeing all there.  Layer-up for cold mornings.  Keep your powder dry!

SavageShootr

Welcome SKYTTE. If you are referring to our conversation at the Ventura Gun Show, I have the scoped 10-22 for you. Do you need me to bring .22 ammo, or did you manage to pick some up?

See you out there!

~SS

LavaTech

Having seen this....
QuoteDo you need me to bring .22 ammo, or did you manage to pick some up?

I thought I'd mention that my brother would like to offload some of his excess Russian Vostok brand .22lr ammo. All I know about this stuff is that it's a rather hard waxed bullet and about as dirty as Remmie 'Thunderchicken' (T-bird), but unlike the bird if it gets a click it nearly always goes bang. He wants $10 per brick, and I have NO IDEA if it will perform well in anyone's .22's. I think there's about 2-¾ cases of the stuff in my garage. ???

I'll bring the partial case, and if there's enough interest then I'll bring more. I'll also be bringing 'real' .22 ammo for those that may need it.;)
In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress.

- John Adams

moose

oh la. i as well will be out there saturday (assuming i dont get lost) just thought i should make a peep.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.–Thomas Jefferson

SavageShootr

Moose,

It was so good to have you out there with us. I'm glad you didn't get lost. You will be an asset to the program.

Thanks for all of your help at the event. Thanks for making a peep.

~SS