News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sacramento Appleseed, 4/18-4/19, 2009

Started by eaglescouter, March 04, 2009, 03:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobrafreak

Hello everyone. This is my first post BTW. Both my Wife and I enjoyed the Appleseed shoot on Saturday. Could not attend on Sunday. Wish I could have. I was one of the two that earned "rifleman" with the 219 score. I just showed up to learn and have some fun. I did not in my wildest imagination think I would be good enough to earn something, so it makes it even more cool for me  :D. I said starting that I wish I was using the AR-15 my Wife was using because it is my most accurate rifle. I did not think that my FAL SA-58 was good enough to score high. I did learn a lot and I walked out a much better shooter than when I arrived, so thank you Instructors  :~ . Here are some pictures I took while at the event:

-Cobrafreak
My Wife and I

russellh911

Hi All:

Had a great time at the Sac Appleseed, first time at an Appleseed and first time in about 35 years I had a rifle in my hands. Had my high school age son and his friend along and we all enjoyed it.

But now the bad news. I took the old Bushnell Custom 22 scope off the Ruger 10/22 I borrowed and lost the dovetail slide on Sunday. To make matters worse, someone found it in the dirt and put it on my chair, and I just didn't realize what it was. I left it at the range thinking it belonged to someone else.  I was on the right hand range with Cameron's team, Double D and BD. Shooting on the far right side by the picnic tables at 6D.

If anyone happened to actually pick that piece up, or knows of someone who has one, please let me know. This is an 11mm dovetail mount on both gun and scope.

Thanks,

Russ Hildebrand 916-207-8432 or russellh911@comcast.net