News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Coeur d'Alene, ID, Sept 10/11,2022 KD Event, AAR

Started by Prescott, September 13, 2022, 05:42:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prescott

Nothing brings a smile to my face like a line full of students shooting in rifleman's cadence during a centerfire KD event.   :1luvu

The Fernan Rod and Gun Club hosted our centerfire KD event last weekend, and what a great weekend it was!  The shooters were serious about earning some patches at this event, so it was a good thing I loaded up my shoot box with plenty of them.

We started the event with the Morgan's shingle shot out at 250 yards.   David, Eric and Rex all hit the target and earned their patch.   This was a great start for the weekend.

On Saturday, the primary goal of the day was for shooters to get their come up confirmation from 100 - 400 yards.  Once the shooters had their data, at each distance, they shot their AQT score for that specific distance.   This provided the opportunity to shoot for score once time on Saturday.   Two shooters were able to score their KD patch that day.  Congratulations to David and Eric for earning their patches. 

We started Sunday in the same manner as Saturday, with the cold bore shot at Morgan's shingle.  Eric and Rex once again hit the target and Andy and Brad also found the target. Since everyone already had their come ups, we went right into shooting AQTs.   I did not count how many AQTs were shot on Sunday, but it was either 5 or 6, so there were a lot of attempts to shoot for score.   Eric and David each shot another KD score and Rex also earned his patch.   Russ earned his patch on the BSZ AQT with 42 hits and then followed it up with 47 hits on the final AQT of the day.   David shot an impressive 49 hits to earn his Distinguished patch.

I really love running these events and will put in more time next year trying to set up more KD events around the NW.   

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

Mrs. Smith

Outstanding! New KD Riflemen, Distinguished KD Rifleman, and FIVE new members of Morgan's Rifle Corps!  I look forward to adding those men to the Roster  :bow:
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

CaptainRebop

Thanks Prescott for an awesome event!  I learned a lot about both my rifles and I really enjoyed hearing new stories from Appleseed.  This was my first time ever shooting past 300 yards and was proof that everything we teach at a 25m event applies at a KD event. 

I just barely missed Distinguished on our battlesight zero AQT - if only I had taken more time with Stage 2...

This 400yd group from that same battlesight zero AQT is some of the best shooting I've ever done

Here are a few more pictures from the event:  https://imgur.com/a/b0f2mdS

flexifoil21

My son and I had a great time at the KD.  He's already talking about what to change/practice to prepare for next year.

Big thanks to all the instructors for taking time to make this happen.  We really appreciate it.  Learned a lot from each of you - and yes, I promise to practice not slapping the trigger - doh!