News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Antioch TN AAR - July 30-21, 2022 - Shoot Boss Camp

Started by Maximum Ordinate, August 25, 2022, 11:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximum Ordinate

Seventeen Appleseeders gathered in Antioch, Tennessee for the second Shoot Boss Camp of the year.  Antioch 7-22!! 

We were hosted by Stones River Hunter Education Center.  It's a great range and their staff has been a long-time supporter of Project Appleseed.

We were fortunate to have volunteers in attendance from Tennesee, Georgia, and Alabama.  This group included very seasoned Shoot Bosses through those aspiring to don the green hat.  The neat thing about having such a broad range of perspectives is that everyone in the room was able to learn from their fellow attendees.  O0

During the two days we spent together, we discussed leadership, history, our Mission, and the art of Shoot Bossing.  Of course, we spent plenty of time practicing to teach Known Distance.

I really want to thank everyone who took the time to attend.  You guys were absolute professionals and it was a pleasure to work with each of you.  Knowing we have folks of your caliber becoming Shoot Bosses tells me the future of your areas is bright!

My special appreciation to:  First, Bluegrasscolonel who helped line up the range for us and recommend meal solutions (we've all gotta eat!)  Second, Google and Cleveland who helped facilitate the weekend discussions - you guys are AWESOME!

In Liberty,
MO

P.S.  I snapped a few pictures... wish I had gotten more.

Group pic!

Listening during a discussion about Ball & Dummy.

Watching students building an Assignments/Tasking plan.

Chatting between lessons.

Practicing teaching KD.

Studying during the capstone exercise.

"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

TallTimber

From an Orange Hat perspective, the depth of knowledge that Shoot Bosses have/need to run an effective shoot was very eye-opening.  Thanks for allowing me to attend, I learned a lot from this experience.

BluegrassColonel

It is always a pleasure to gather with other Project Appleseed volunteers to improve our skills to advance the mission.  Thanks to Maximum Ordinate, Google, & Cleveland for donating so much of their time and effort to assure that standards are strengthened and maintained.

Greg
My father didn't serve in WWII.  It wasn't for lack of trying.  He attempted to enlist 3 separate times.  The last time the doctor said he was too short.  He responded that he signed up again because he said he saw a poster that was recruiting short men to be pilots.  The doctor said, "Short, yes.  But this is ridiculous."  In my book, he's still a hero.

Roswell

This looks like an amazing event! Good job everyone! O0
Known Distance Qualified: Talladega, AL 12-3-16 - 45/50; Distinguished 49/50 - Talladega, AL 12-8-19
Instructor Boot Camp: Toccoa, GA 7-13, 8-15; Pelham, TN 2-14, 2-16; Columbiana, AL 2-15; Canton, GA 2-18, 1-19, 2-20, 2-21, 3-22, 2-23, 1-24
Shoot Boss Boot Camp and Liberty Seminar: Toccoa, GA 8-14 & Canton, GA 1-19

Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: South Huntsville, AL 5-20; Canton, GA 1-21, 2-24
Pistol Qualified: Spencer, TN 4-10-21
Charter Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: Antioch, TN 2-22 & Canton, GA 1-23

Tennessee Beast

I want to thank everyone responsible for making this happen.  I was elated to have this opportunity.

In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

Willociraptor

Big big thank-you to those who organized the event, and thank-you as well to the Stones River Hunter Education Center for allotting the classroom for the event. Learned a lot!
"Esse Quam Videri" ... to be, rather than to seem

Cleveland

What a great weekend. The enthusiasm of this group to learn more about leadership was inspiringing.

Huzzah,
Cleveland
The highest level of mastery is simplicity. Most information is irrelevant and most effort is wasted, but only the expert knows what to ignore. James Clear

Rifleman 19April2015
KD Qualified 17Oct2015
Pistoleer™ 12Dec2020
KD Requal 11Nov2021 50/50
Pistol IBC/Charter Pistol Instructor Antioch 2-22
200y RKD Qualified 14May2022

upacreek

Thanks for the opportunity, your time, and advice.  There was a lot of knowledge in that room.

The range was great too.  You guys are spoiled down here (me too since I'm a damn Yankee)
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Leadslinger66

Thank you to those involved in organizing this event. It was great to see everyone. I learned new things plus was reminded of much that I had learned in a previous shoot boss camp. Great weekend!
John

"We mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor." - the signers of the Declaration of Independence

Google

This was a great weekend spent with Appleseed family!  Thanks to everyone for your effort to improve and to share your experience with the group.  O0

Ramblin' Wreck

This was a great event. I could only attend Saturday but I know there was a lot of learning going on.
The only downside was traveling home from the event on a motorcycle in constant rain for nearly 2 hours and no rain geat.  If you know my reputation as "black cloud Brandon" you might say I brought it on myself.  **)
Wreck
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

Old Navy Doc

I commend the leaders of Appleseed for setting up this excellent SB workshop . Not only the practical wisdom shared, but the opportunity to network with others. I hope this tradition continues.
First AS: Ramseur 2/09
Rifleman: Charlotte 11/14
Orange Hat: Calera 1/15
KD Rifleman: Puryear 5/15
Red Hat: Sevierville  11/16
Rimfire KD: Huntsville 12/20
Pistoleer™: Huntsville 2/21

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."  Plato