News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sacramento Tea Party April 15th, Appleseed presence

Started by James E, March 25, 2009, 12:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James E

Calling all NorCal Appleseeders.  Let's have a major appearance at the Sacramento Tea Party, Wednesday, April 15th, noon to 3:00 pm at the state capitol.  BaldDragon and I have plans to be there, will bring the gunshow banner and fliers.  Let's work together to get a good showing.

Antibubba

I'll also be there.  I'm going to try to put a sign together.
A rifle cannot win a war; it is just a tool.  Wars are fought and won in the hearts and minds of the people.

BaldDragn

So far it looks like we have four people for the Tea Party.

I think we would do well to set up the sign and have one or two people work that location, so people that want to find us will know where we are, and the other Appleseeders can mix with the crowd to reach the rest of the people that didn't know they were looking for us.
"Anxiety and stress are the children of apathy and ignorance." - Jack Spirko

Saving the USS America - Good work if you can get it: Group Consensus, Sac 06/09 Instructors Meeting.

SAPPER STEEL!

V

Quote from: BaldDragn on March 28, 2009, 12:42:11 AM
So far it looks like we have four people for the Tea Party.

I think we would do well to set up the sign and have one or two people work that location, so people that want to find us will know where we are, and the other Appleseeders can mix with the crowd to reach the rest of the people that didn't know they were looking for us.
Great work guys.... can I just ask one tiny teeny favor? Can you stress to everyone who you tell about the Sac 4/18-19 shoot at the tea-party that they *must* sign up online that night to come!

Now clearly thats not really true, we have walkons all the time, but I'm really worried, that as good as you guys are, I'm going to have a 130 cap shoot with 130+ pre-reg's and then 100+ walkons from the tea party!!!

If I can get at least one or two days notice of a jump in attendees from the tea-party by having them register online then I stand a chance of flying in some extra help. If my first clue is on Saturday morning then our persist, improvise and overcome is going to get a good workout!

I'm not asking you to turn anyone away or discourage them, but just try to get us some advance notice.

On the other hand, if there's media coverage of the tea-party try and get on there and get the word out and try to get the media crew/reporter to come cover the Sac 18/19 event - wouldn't it be great to see on TV hundreds of armed Californians trying to get into a shooting event to hear their heritage and history, queuing
up to shoot in relays on the ranges... :) :) :) O0 O0

Cheers
Phil "V"

BaldDragn

Got it!

We will stress the need for preregistration because we are almost "sold out".

The Appleseeder most likely to be approached by the media would be the person at the banner, and we all would do well to have a good 30 second sound bite prepared that would include an open invitation to the media to come and cover the event just in case.

Here's a good 30 seconds stolen from Wayne Conrad

"Appleseed is a family-friendly program to teach basic marksmanship and early American history to all ages."

Saving the USS America - Good work if you can get it: Group Consensus, Sac 06/09 Instructors Meeting.

SAPPER STEEL!

SavageShootr

Quotewe all would do well to have a good 30 second sound bite prepared that would include an open invitation to the media to come and cover the event just in case.

"Appleseed is a family-friendly program to teach basic marksmanship and early American history to all ages."

Good idea.... I might suggest the use of the word Heritage, instead of "early American history"

You all are doing a fabulous job getting the word out in Sacramento. It is going to be the biggest location in CA that weekend.
O0

~SS
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

BaldDragn

Quote from: SavageShootr on March 30, 2009, 12:12:36 PM
Good idea.... I might suggest the use of the word Heritage, instead of "early American history"

Like this?

"Appleseed is a family-friendly program to teach basic marksmanship and American heritage to all ages."

Quote from: SavageShootr on March 30, 2009, 12:12:36 PM
You all are doing a fabulous job getting the word out in Sacramento. It is going to be the biggest location in CA that weekend.
O0

~SS

Thanks! And I'm not taking anything away from the huge effort of all the BOTG here, or all the work on the EPT, but it also looks like Appleseed's good name has preceded us, and Northern California shooters are hungry for more. The way it's going it looks like we are going to have to take copious notes for the AAR. Poor V gets the pleasure of Shoot Bossing a huge Appleseed (maybe the biggest in the WORLD, mwahahahah %)... sorry) with some of the greenest IITs around. What could go wrong?

But that's one of the things I love about Appleseed, new adventures!!

SAPPER STEEL!