News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ok Myakka Fl Really Really needs some help!!!!!!!

Started by ScubaSteve, August 17, 2022, 10:21:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScubaSteve

Myakka is doing a great job. Their first shoot after the summer break currently has 23 pre regs, 13 of them are under 18. Sold out is 25 and I am sure they will get there.
Outstanding work but they only have 2.5 instructors. (2 Saturday and 3 Sunday)

Does anybody have some time the weekend of Sept 3-4? Even one day?  If expenses are a concern please reach out and I will see what we can do.

Steve

Burnett

You are KILLING me. I really, really wish I could, but it is the expenses part. I just do not have ANY extra cash right now. Round trip from Minneapolis to Tampa is about $400.
Maybe next time.

ScubaSteve

Burnett get yourself a RED hat, or better a green, and trips like this are far more likely. :) It is not often we need more help way down here in Fl but when we do we can usually get approval for a red hat or above to travel. 

Look at me trying to get you promoted from way down here. :)

Steve

Quote from: Burnett on August 17, 2022, 02:25:17 PM
You are KILLING me. I really, really wish I could, but it is the expenses part. I just do not have ANY extra cash right now. Round trip from Minneapolis to Tampa is about $400.
Maybe next time.

JMynes

I've run into this situation as well.
I think serious consideration should be given to providing IITs with expense reimbursement, especially in this case when the help is desperately needed.

Burnett

JMynes for President!

On a side note: anyone have a Red Hat I can borrow?  **)

300berg

Quote from: Burnett on August 17, 2022, 08:17:15 PMOn a side note: anyone have a Red Hat I can borrow?  **)

I found mine under a curious looking rock that had some roman numerals chiseled: IIT-IV.  Not sure what they meant.

(on a serious note, I did check my schedule, but could only have helped the weekend after. )