News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Parma, ID, July 23/24, 2022, AAR

Started by Prescott, July 25, 2022, 01:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prescott

We had a great summer weekend for the teaching of marksmanship and the renewal of the spirit of the American Revolution.   The number of shooter that participated in the event was smaller than expected, as a whole family did not show up for the event.

The students that did show up made great progress throughout the weekend.   One of the youth shooters started on Saturday with 8-10 MOA groups and by the end of Sunday was shooting 3 MOA groups during stage 4 of the AQT. 

Tony was already an accomplished marksman prior to attending an AS event, but he had never done transitions and had to shoot in rapid fire.   It took him a while to get comfortable with the transitions and NPOA shifts, but he was able to shoot his rifleman's score and earn his patch.

Another of our youth shooters possibly shot his rifleman score, but he had some assistance on stage 4.   Per the scoring rules, we had to subtract the highest scores from the targets with too many hits, and this dropped his score to 207.   We could guess on which shots we think were his as their was always a nice group with some outlayers.   If the shots in the tight group were his, then he would have scored rifleman.

We discuss many times over the weekend on the importance of dry practice.   The AS techniques can be perfected at home with dry practice and with a little more practice, all the students will be able to earn their rifleman patch.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

baldsincebirth

It was a really great shoot, albeit a bit warm.  Thank you for running such a great event!  I feel like the shooters listened really well to instruction and definitely improved over the course of the shoot. 

Also of note is that Tony managed to shoot a 220 (I think) while having issues that cost him the entire second target of the second string of fire.  Had he been able to get those shots off, he would definitely have been in the running to get distinguished rifleman. 

222fan

I would like to thank all of the Appleseed instructors for their time and sharing their knowledge. Over the two day shoot, I learned so many tips, tricks and " new to me " techniques that allowed me to shoot better than I likely ever have, despite 50 years of trigger time !  I especially enjoyed seeing the young generations out here enjoying the sport. This is a wonderful program in my estimation, and I intend on staying active in the Appleseed program. Of the MANY techniques that I learned, I have to say the one that impressed me the most was the use of the G.I. web sling, used loop style !  I have never held a rifle that steady in my life !  Thanks, Gary, for the use of that particular sling for the weekend.        --- 222fan---

Manly Man

Only a month late, that went quick.

Didn't take many pictures, and even fewer turned out.
Link to pictures.

Thank you shooters for joining us.

-Gary