News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Manchester TN, AAR May 28-29, 2022

Started by ArmyVet, May 29, 2022, 07:41:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArmyVet

Four eager shooters presented at the Highland Rim Shooters Club Range on Arnold AFB (thanks to our hosts!) After the safety briefings, the shooters began with the Red Coat target and, oddly, there were no scores...  ???
The cadre went right to work teaching the 6 Steps to Firing the Shot, prone position, and NPOA and results were instantly seen. All 4 were making 6-8 MOA groups by the third square and some were ready to start making sight adjustments. The standard COF works!

Three of the 4 students were not able to return on Sunday, so after consulting the shooters were opted for a 3rd AQT late Saturday. Unfortunately, fatigue had a toll and no new Riflemen were minted  :(

Lana got very close (one more Appleseed should do it!); Cora, Noah and Dennis steadily improved.

All showed vast improvement and with the Guide to Rifle Marksmanship were encouraged to practice perfectly and attend another clinic to improve upon their progress.

One Sunday we had one shooter return so some of our cadre took the opportunity to hone their skills behind the sights.
Palousie stole the show with scores of 225, 241, 220, and 232!
Booney Stomper scored a 220.
Eagle Keeper scored 224.
We also ran a Q&D AQT during which Palousie earned Distinguished again with a 240 and Booney confirmed his 220.
Solid performace from our TN Cadre  O0

The difference between a novice and a master: the novice does it until they get it right. The master does it until they can't get it wrong.

Eagle Keeper

Awesome weekend!
The students were wonderful and very teachable.
I am relieved to finely have my red hat :bow: :wb:.
Excellent job Palousie & welcome to the club!

:beer: :beer: :F :beer: :beer:
I have come here to chew gum and teach riflemen the art of shooting one hole groups and I'm all out of bubblegum.
   Z-man
You can't shoot perfect if you don't know what perfect looks like.
     Somebody

TallTimber

HardHolder

Congratulations Palousie...Great Job on the Distinguished.

Palousie

Quote from: Eagle Keeper on May 29, 2022, 08:52:44 PM
Awesome weekend!
The students were wonderful and very teachable.
I am relieved to finely have my red hat :bow: :wb:.
Excellent job Palousie & welcome to the club!

:beer: :beer: :F :beer: :beer:

Thanks, Eagle Keeper. Perhaps you and I will see which of us makes the 250 club first!  ::) :snipersmi

We're glad to finally have a red hat on your head, too. Great work! I've attached the pictures from Saturday below. Feel free to save any or email me for the original-sized photo.

Eagle Keeper

@ Palousie : 250 Became my main focus as soon as the red hat touched my hands.
Play time is over , time to get to work!
I have come here to chew gum and teach riflemen the art of shooting one hole groups and I'm all out of bubblegum.
   Z-man
You can't shoot perfect if you don't know what perfect looks like.
     Somebody

Palousie

Quote from: Eagle Keeper on May 30, 2022, 12:25:15 PM
@ Palousie : 250 Became my main focus as soon as the red hat touched my hands.
Play time is over , time to get to work!

Good luck to you!  :beer:

Tennessee Beast

Congratulations on the Distinguished scores, Palousie!!!!
Congratulations to Booney Stomper for requalifying as well!

I enjoyed working with the other students as well.  The way you were shooting, that coveted patch isn't too far away!  Practice your Steady Hold Factors, 6 steps of firing a shot, finding NPOA quickly, and smooth magazine changes (speed will come).
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

BluegrassColonel

Huzzahs deserved all around!

Congratulations to Eagle Keeper on doing the diligent work to earn his red hat!

Congratulations to Palousie on her Distinguished scores!

Congratulations to everyone who requalified!

Congratulations to ArmyVet on Shoot Bossing the event!

A Rifleman is persistent!

I wish I could have been in attendance!

In Liberty,
Greg Seneff, Sr.
"Bluegrass Colonel"
My father didn't serve in WWII.  It wasn't for lack of trying.  He attempted to enlist 3 separate times.  The last time the doctor said he was too short.  He responded that he signed up again because he said he saw a poster that was recruiting short men to be pilots.  The doctor said, "Short, yes.  But this is ridiculous."  In my book, he's still a hero.