News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

"The British Soldiers Who Came to Concord" by Don Hagist on Zoom Call

Started by BluegrassColonel, March 29, 2022, 12:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BluegrassColonel

On the Friends of Minute Man National Park Facebook page, you can view the 61 minute video of the recorded Zoom call entitled "The British Soldiers Who Came to Concord" given by historian Don Hagist.  Don Hagist has written or contributed to several books on the Revolutionary War, some of which I have listed below.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=5510488122300287&ref=sharing

There are lots of interesting facts about British Regulars in the presentation that can be integrated into our "Three Strikes of the Match."

In Liberty,
Greg Seneff, Sr.
"Bluegrass Colonel"

Books Don Hagist has written, or to which he has contributed:

These Distinguished Corps: British Grenadier and Light Infantry Battalions in the American Revolution
British Soldiers, American War: Voices of the American Revolution
Noble Volunteers: The British Soldiers Who Fought the American Revolution
Wives, Slaves, and Servant Girls: Advertisements for Female Runaways in American Newspapers, 1770-1783
Wenches, Wives and Servant Girls: A Selection of Advertisements for Female Runaways in American Newspapers, 1770-1783
The Revolution's Last Men: The Soldiers Behind the Photographs
General Orders, Rhode Island: December 1776-January 1778
Journal of the American Revolution (2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, & 2022)
My father didn't serve in WWII.  It wasn't for lack of trying.  He attempted to enlist 3 separate times.  The last time the doctor said he was too short.  He responded that he signed up again because he said he saw a poster that was recruiting short men to be pilots.  The doctor said, "Short, yes.  But this is ridiculous."  In my book, he's still a hero.