News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Albuquerque, NM - February 19/20 2022 AAR

Started by Ghostring, February 21, 2022, 10:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghostring

A **FANTASTIC** shoot at the wonderful Albuquerque City Shooting Park! A shout out to Mike, who was able to let us set up the target line the day before AND streamlined the check-in/range fee process! What a great range!

And a great shoot, to boot! We had crisp 20 degree weather to start out Saturday, but the breeze was light and by mid-afternoon the temperatures were in the 50s - perfect shooting weather! In addition to the 8 wonderfully patriotic shooters who signed up for the event, we had a stellar crew: Range Mom and Black Widow were our Blue Hats, and they did a great job supporting the event! We had Mahamotorworks finish up his IIT4 at the event, desert_diver complete his SECOND SBIT, and perennial orange-hat Captwa was able to earn his coveted Red Hat by the end of Sunday! Gila, our soon-to-be IIT2, and yours Truly rounded out the staff.

Back to our shooters - check this out - We had 8 attendees, three of which had been to an Appleseed before. The lowest score on the Saturday AQT was 163! We had two shooters in the 200s, one of which was a first-time Appleseeder!  We minted three new Riflemen this weekend - Ron scored a 222 with iron-sights, and had never attended an Appleseed before (he's rarin' to get to another one, too!), Rick and Wes took home new patches with a 219 and 216, respectively!  Did I tell you that we had two of them clear the Hits Count target on Sunday as well! Great Shooting, and that's no kidding!

And the history! Great presentations of history by Mahamotorworks, with bonus group discussions and a set of Dangerous Old Man stories by most of the staff - lots of good questions and discussion about the American Revolution - my favorite subject!

Gila was superb at Line Boss - in fact, he was so good we kept him in there most of the day!

And speaking of Blue Hats - Hey, everyone, if you're a Shoot Boss and you don't have a Blue Hat on your team - You're missing out!  This shoot ran smooth-as-silk thanks to the countless tiny (and NOT so tiny!) contributions from Range Mom and her new assistant Black Widow!

An absolutely superb weekend of shooting at the ABQ City Shooting Park, perfect weather, perfect cadre, perfect shooters!  I wish ALL my 25M events went as well!

We'll have pictures up soon!

In Liberty,

Ghostring
"Whoever looks upon them as an irregular mob, will find himself very much mistaken...
     They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about..." - Lord Hugh Percy

"If a man's from Texas, he'll tell you.  If he's not, why embarrass him by asking?" - John Gunther

"That's Kirby-level shooting, right there!" - Trailman

desert_diver

I agree with Ghostring - this was an amazing event.  The discipline of the shooters was outstanding.  One shooter consistently shot in the 180 - 200 range, which isn't especially noteworthy until one considers that score was achieved by a left handed shooter using iron sights on a right-hand bolt rifle. 

Desert_Diver.

Jerry Hall

Congratulations to all who participated in this event, Both shooters and staff.  O0  :bow:  O0
Sounds like a wonderful weekend... ^:)^
Thank you Warren for FINALLY steppin up to your Red Hat... :DH:
Keep up the good work.

Happy Trails,

Jerry :F
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Captwa

Albuquerque back in action! 

Had amazing students and staff and of course working with the Abq. city range people was a good part of a great seed.
    And a good time was had by all. 

Wa

JustKim

Congrats to all!  Sounds like an amazing shoot!
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

Mrs. Smith

So great to see my ABQ crew all pumped up and ready for more! My sincerest thanks to Ghostring for making the trip north and taking such good care of everyone. You, sir, are the GOAT.

The students are what really matter, though, and it sounds like you got some of the very best the ABQ had to offer. So many patches! Huzzah!  And to the left-handed gentleman who shot the right-handed, iron-sighted bolty...   DUDE :bow: :bow: :bow:  I wanna be that awesome when I grow up.

I'm proud of the ABQ, students and cadre, and grateful to the City of Albuquerque Shooting Range Park for being generous, gracious hosts.
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

Moon Clip

As one of the shooters at this event I would like to thank the instructors and support staff for the great job that they did. Very professional, personable and competent. As an NRA instructor I know how difficult it can be to keep all the instructors on the same page, much less the students. This team was amazing in their focus, coordination, and knowledge. They also did a great job showing students that they were on a safe, well run range. They certainly gave the impression that they work together regularly. I am impressed.

I am enthusiasticly looking forward to my next event.

Mrs. Smith

Quote from: Moon Clip on February 23, 2022, 10:34:05 PM
As one of the shooters at this event I would like to thank the instructors and support staff for the great job that they did. Very professional, personable and competent. As an NRA instructor I know how difficult it can be to keep all the instructors on the same page, much less the students. This team was amazing in their focus, coordination, and knowledge. They also did a great job showing students that they were on a safe, well run range. They certainly gave the impression that they work together regularly. I am impressed.

I am enthusiasticly looking forward to my next event.

You do know how to make a girl's day!  Thank you for participating, and for giving us your feedback. Nothing makes us happier, except maybe when you bring back more folks  :)
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

SawMan91

Hello everyone- as a new associate member of RWVA, I attended my first Appleseed event in ABQ, NM on February 19/20 ,2022. Being from Santa Fe there's nothing here as far as " official "ranges. The training as well as the historical relevance is top notch. I pretty much emptied my mind of what I thought I knew & started fresh. I has definitely changed my attitude & wanting to learn more from these shooting events. I'd like to thank you all the instructors who coached us in ABQ & all the ones who traveled to make it happen. I was surprised I achieved my rifleman status, even with my eyesight & using iron sights. A great event I'm recommending to anyone who wants to learn & definitely improve their shooting skills. Are the photos of the February 19/20,2022 ABQ Appleseed posted somewhere?? Love to check them out! Any videos by chance? ……………… :

Jerry Hall

"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Mahamotorworks

Photos Attached

MAHA
Sufficient speed, Acceptable drag.

So what is Project Appleseed Business?  What would the Ghost of Project Appleseed say to us?

"Business!'" cried the Ghost of Project Appleseed, wringing its hands again.  "Liberty was my business; Heritage, History, Freedom, and Pursuit of Happiness, were, all, my business. The deals of Marksmanship were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!"
-Adapted from Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol.