News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Antioch, TN, Pistol IBC Feb. 12-13

Started by malabar, February 17, 2022, 01:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

malabar

What more could you ask for: A great group of experienced instructors and a first-rate facility.  Nashville Stage set up a PA system so we could be heard over the shooting from the other ranges (thanks again!).

Even the weather cooperated: Instead of dipping into the teens on Sunday, the temps popped up into the 40s. Great shooting weather. Most of the instructors already had qualified as Pistoleer™, but we got one new Pistoleer™ -- Nashville Stage.

I've talked to many of these folks online before, and it was great to be able to put a face to the names.

We tried out a new format for the IBC with a greater emphasis on diagnosing issues with pistol shooters, and it went over very well.

All in all, a great weekend.

tk
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

Mixed Metaphor

Thank you!  It was a great event.  I loved the "diagnosing" portion!  That is very much needed.  Awesome facility and my Appleseed family, it does not get better than that.

A huge thank you to Malabar for coming up!
May Liberty Increase,

J. Gary Smith

Alabama

Tennessee Beast

Thank you Malabar for making the trek up here to put this on.  It was much needed!
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

Nashville Stage

This was a great weekend! It's always good to be in the company of Appleseeders, and this group is some of the finest. Thanks to Malabar for coming up. It was neat to hear the instruction and a lot of the backstory.

I'm excited to see how the pistol program grows and changes as we continue to get everything dialed in. This has the wonderful opportunity to reach a whole new segment of Americans with the message of our shared history & heritage... not to mention making them into better pistol shooters!
"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Roswell

What a great weekend with great people! Thank you to Malabar for leading the weekend. Thank you to Bluegrass Colonel, Nashville Stage and to the Range for putting on a great event and taking care of our every need. (Although it could have been warmer. Still, not as bad as Ohio from what I hear!  **) )
Known Distance Qualified: Talladega, AL 12-3-16 - 45/50; Distinguished 49/50 - Talladega, AL 12-8-19
Instructor Boot Camp: Toccoa, GA 7-13, 8-15; Pelham, TN 2-14, 2-16; Columbiana, AL 2-15; Canton, GA 2-18, 1-19, 2-20, 2-21, 3-22, 2-23, 1-24
Shoot Boss Boot Camp and Liberty Seminar: Toccoa, GA 8-14 & Canton, GA 1-19

Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: South Huntsville, AL 5-20; Canton, GA 1-21, 2-24
Pistol Qualified: Spencer, TN 4-10-21
Charter Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: Antioch, TN 2-22 & Canton, GA 1-23

malabar

Quote from: Roswell on February 17, 2022, 03:07:50 PM
What a great weekend with great people! Thank you to Malabar for leading the weekend. Thank you to Bluegrass Colonel, Nashville Stage and to the Range for putting on a great event and taking care of our every need. (Although it could have been warmer. Still, not as bad as Ohio from what I hear!  **) )

nowhere near as cold as Ohio, but Appleseeders have warm hearts.

tk
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

Cleveland

Many thanks to Malabar for taking the time to put this event on. A lot of knowledge was transferred this weekend.

Liberty,
Cleveland
The highest level of mastery is simplicity. Most information is irrelevant and most effort is wasted, but only the expert knows what to ignore. James Clear

Rifleman 19April2015
KD Qualified 17Oct2015
Pistoleer™ 12Dec2020
KD Requal 11Nov2021 50/50
Pistol IBC/Charter Pistol Instructor Antioch 2-22
200y RKD Qualified 14May2022

Captain

Thanks to Malabar for coming out for this Charter class! A great learning opportunity and a fantastic weekend.

Also, a big thank you to the Tennessee crew for hosting this event. I enjoyed meeting so many fellow Appleseeders committed to the cause. Huzzah!
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

jtdiver

Perhaps it is optics, but in a pic it looks like a shooter is preparing to fire, he is backed away from the table and an instructor/observer is kneeling  next to a table but closer to the camera.  Forward of the shooter muzzle.  Optics, perhaps?
1st Appleseed, Charlotte, NC
Rifleman Severville, TN  November 2019
IBC       Canton 3-22.
IIT-1      Ellijay, GA   May 16, 2022
IIT-2      Martin, GA   May 29,  2022
Pistoleer™  Martin, GA  May 27, 2022

Roswell

Quote from: jtdiver on February 18, 2022, 11:50:00 AM
Perhaps it is optics, but in a pic it looks like a shooter is preparing to fire, he is backed away from the table and an instructor/observer is kneeling  next to a table but closer to the camera.  Forward of the shooter muzzle.  Optics, perhaps?

It's a blue training pistol. Not an operable firearm. The person kneeling is parallel retrieving something from his bag.
Known Distance Qualified: Talladega, AL 12-3-16 - 45/50; Distinguished 49/50 - Talladega, AL 12-8-19
Instructor Boot Camp: Toccoa, GA 7-13, 8-15; Pelham, TN 2-14, 2-16; Columbiana, AL 2-15; Canton, GA 2-18, 1-19, 2-20, 2-21, 3-22, 2-23, 1-24
Shoot Boss Boot Camp and Liberty Seminar: Toccoa, GA 8-14 & Canton, GA 1-19

Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: South Huntsville, AL 5-20; Canton, GA 1-21, 2-24
Pistol Qualified: Spencer, TN 4-10-21
Charter Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: Antioch, TN 2-22 & Canton, GA 1-23

malabar

Quote from: jtdiver on February 18, 2022, 11:50:00 AM

Yeah, that's me with a bluegun, reminding our shooters to punch out and not fire from low ready. No safety violations there.

tk

JustKim

ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

BluegrassColonel

It was great having malabar making the presentation in Middle Tennessee.

I am anxious to get as many folks qualified as instructors as possible.  Shooting sports are popular all over the TV region and I believe we can stand up a very active schedule once we have enough instructors to cover the possible demand.

I was happy to see so many long-time friends present and to meet a couple new ones as well.

Greg
My father didn't serve in WWII.  It wasn't for lack of trying.  He attempted to enlist 3 separate times.  The last time the doctor said he was too short.  He responded that he signed up again because he said he saw a poster that was recruiting short men to be pilots.  The doctor said, "Short, yes.  But this is ridiculous."  In my book, he's still a hero.

malabar

Having the opportunity to drive around up there reminded me of just how beautiful your state is. The rolling hills, the ancient trees, the lovely streams....

My brother- and sister-in-law just purchased a 20-acre spread about an hour away. It was great to have an excuse to go out and visit their new digs.

tk

Quote from: BluegrassColonel on February 28, 2022, 02:51:39 PM
It was great having malabar making the presentation in Middle Tennessee.

I am anxious to get as many folks qualified as instructors as possible.  Shooting sports are popular all over the TV region and I believe we can stand up a very active schedule once we have enough instructors to cover the possible demand.

I was happy to see so many long-time friends present and to meet a couple new ones as well.

Greg