News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Texas, one of your own just earned his Eagle!

Started by Mrs. Smith, February 09, 2022, 07:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrs. Smith

It's my honor as this young man's shoot boss to announce that the State of Texas and Project Appleseed has a brand new Eagle Scout in our ranks.

Young Patriot (aka Juan Carlos Franco) has been an IIT since February of 2018, at the age of 13.  He attended a number of events as a student prior to that, along with his younger sister and his father, who is also an IIT.  I'm looking forward to putting a Red hat on this young man's head before he heads off to college.  And now that he's an Eagle, that raises the bar!

Congratulations, Young Patriot. You've proven once again that you know very well what you're about.

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

Mrs. Smith

Our new Eagle: Juan Carlos Franco, Young Patriot

His dad, Carlos, will be adding to the pictures when he has a moment.

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

Mrs. Smith

The day he earned his Rifleman, at the age of 13, presented by Jerry Hall.

AF5US

:F  :F  :F Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!  :F  :F  :F
O0  O0  O0

That's fantastic, congratulations!!!
Rifleman:                          04/2016
Known Distance Rifleman:  10/2018
Pistoleer™:                          08/2019
Distinguished Rifleman:      07/2020
Morgan's Shingle:              12/2021
Standing Morgan's Shingle: 11/2022
Member: GOA (Gun Owners of America)
Member: FPC (Firearms Policy Coalition)
Life Member: NRA (National Rifle Association)

Texasdawg

Tejas

BrotherPilot

Jay
VA State Coordinator
540-855-4651
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."•Samuel Adams

Google

Nashville Stage

Congratulations! Arrow of Light *and* Eagle, huh? That's a rare achievement. Keep up that work ethic; you'll do well.
"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

FiremanBob

America needs more young men like Young Patriot.

YP, here's an Appleseed challenge for you: How many of your friends, fellow scouts and classmates can you persuade to come to an Appleseed event this year?
Author of "The 10/22 Companion: How to Operate, Troubleshoot, Maintain and Improve Your Ruger 10/22"

"Remember constantly that a nation cannot long remain strong when each man in it is individually weak, and that neither social forms nor political schemes have yet been found that can make a people energetic by composing it of pusillanimous and soft citizens." - de Tocqueville

Tennessee Beast

In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

mrakestraw

07/21: Rifleman
12/21: KD Rifleman, Distinguished, Morgan's Shingle
01/22: Pistoleer™

Turbo Pin, Complete Combatant Black Belt Patches, 3.45 card, MSP 3/4 patch, Tier 1 Three Sevens patch

Come get more instruction with me!
My next class is: Sage Dynamics in March in Muenster, TX

Crazyduckhunter

Eagle Scout is an awesome achievement. Way to go!

Monkey

"5 minutes for this stage - that's like a week in people years!"

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible."
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham

Charles McKinley

Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Black Knight

Outstanding effort!!  Keep up the excellent work!
Black Knight
1st AS: Tuscaloosa, AL OCT  8-9, 2016
Applecore: Jun 6, 2017
AC/RSO: Jul 12, 2017
IBC: Pelham, TN Feb 23-24, 2019
Pistol IBC: Mar 5,2021

scuzzy

Congrats - that shows determination and willpower. A true Rifleman.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Young Patriot

Thank you all for your kind words! I look forward to using the skills I learned in getting my Eagle in Appleseed. Thank you to everyone who supported my journey thus far. I will see you all this weekend!

Mrs. Smith

Quote from: Young Patriot on February 16, 2022, 11:06:28 PM
Thank you all for your kind words! I look forward to using the skills I learned in getting my Eagle in Appleseed. Thank you to everyone who supported my journey thus far. I will see you all this weekend!

You're a fine young man, Juan Carlos, and it's been my pleasure to be a small part of your journey.

I'll see you NEXT weekend  :cool2:

Carlos.A.Franco

Thank you all. He has grown.up around the scouts and Appleseed they all have a part of this Young Patriot getting his Eagle with 16 50 miler trips. That is more than three months of camping in the field. In his speech he thanked everyone.He said he hopes to be half the man his father is. This of course brought tears to my eyes. I I would try to be a positive role model for both my children . To have loyalty to God country and self. I hope that you all get to cross paths with my son has he is an amazing young man.

GenX Minuteman

Juan Carlos, this is quite the accomplishment!  Congratulations sir!!!  You are clearly and example to us all!

Chad Stovell - GenX Minuteman

JustKim

WOW!  That's a HUGE accomplishment!  Congrats!
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan