News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

2022, Jan 22-23, Lapeer, MI WINTERSEED

Started by number6, January 24, 2022, 08:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

number6

So it's January in Michigan, what is a person supposed to do?

Lions were done for the season, Hockey doesn't get good until the playoffs.  Pistons???

Lets go out and learn some marksmanship and history!!!!!

Nine hardy souls did just that, from our first timer Ben, to Rob T whose probably attended more events than anyone can remember.  and Rob ALWAYS brings friends....  or in this case his little brother...

Starting out at a balmy 16 degrees Freedom (it got to 26 or so on Sunday) we got our first couple of Morgan's Men on the first redcoat of the weekend.

And it was all 4s and 5s from there.

Rob T set the bar with a requalification at 237 on Saturday, then cleaned the afternoon redcoat.  And the scores on the Saturday AQT had this Shoot Boss calling around for extra winterseed patches.

After a bit of snow overnight made the roads treacherous, well more than normal because of potholes.  Everyone started reaching toward that goal of the elusive winterseed patch.

Sundays New and Requalified Riflemen:   Ashley with a 211,  Ben with a 218, Garret with a 217 and 220, Al with a 219 a 22? and finally a 239, just missing out on that Distinguished patch...

But you know who did get one of those red Distinguished Patches.... Rob T with a 244, 246 and finally a 247

Even though we had a lot of qualifying scores, we still had great improvement from everyone.  Megan got within 5 points of her older brother TJ and now it's a race for their Rifleman patches.  Doug and Rob Z were both first timers and brought their scores to just shy of the 210, with practice they'll be there as well, a regular tan or green patch is in their future as I expect to see them back soon.

We even had a spot for some Instructors;   Mr. Zeke requalified and earned a winterseed patch, and TL, whose first patch was at a winterseed, requalified as well.

But hey, it wasn't all AQT grind, we had Roundballer, a favorite Lapeer County Sportsmens Club member, bring out his Brown Bess, helped the students understand the workings and trappings of the colonial militia, and then help retire an orange hat....

Yep, Pocket Watch got to change his hat color from orange to Red, he's worked hard for this promotion and it showed in his presentations throughout the weekend.

Once all the students had a chance with the Bess at Pocket Watch's old hat, we let the students fire a celebratory volley into it as well.

I hope that everyone had a great weekend, learned a bit about marksmanship, a lot about the founding of our Nation, and are planning on coming back.  I know Al wants that distinguished patch.

I'll work on getting photos from everyone, as usual I wasn't good at taking photos, but I know others were, and I look forward to seeing them.

number6
You still have a choice. You can still salvage your right to be individuals. Your rights to truth and free thought! Reject this false world of Number Two . . . reject it NOW!!
Number 6, The Prisoner, Episode 11 "A Change of Mind"

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them..." � Richard Henry Lee, "Letters from the Federal Farmer to the Republic"

"Rifles don't read" YellowHouseJake

"Lots of work?  Yup.  You wanna grow?  Suck it up, cupcake." - SteelThunder

BTR harley

I just want to say thank yo
Too everyone that was there the range, it was top notch and I'm going to come back to shoot there again  :snipersmi :snipersmi :F i want that 250 patch

SCUBA

As always a great weekend of learning from all.
The Distinguished Patch is in my sights.
See you at my next Appleseed     SCUBA9     (aka AL )       

MrZeke

Another great weekend, and some phenomenal growth across all the shooters.   
I hope I'm there for your next event, as I see a series of rifleman patches in your futures.

As is usual, I intend to take pictures every event.  Then somewhere between the safety brief and first redcoat I always forget.
Guess I need some camera trigger time. Lol

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach unto himself.� - Thomas Paine

"There is certainly no small danger, that indifference may lead to disgust, and disgust to contempt; and thus gradually undermine all the protection intended by this clause of our national bill of rights." - Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1833 Treatise regarding the 2nd Amendment

T. WOLF

Captured a few photos during my visit on Sunday:

"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leaders, and concerting measures in opposition to each other." ~John Adams 1780

ThreadNLead "TL"

First of all, I want to give a huge CONGRATULATIONS POCKET WATCH!!! I am so proud of you, my friend!

Secondly, thank you to all the patriots who came out to shoot and learn some AMAZING history this cold weekend! You guys are great! I enjoyed working with all of you guys!
Congratulations to all the rifleman, new and re-qualified! Shootboss posted all the details so I'll just post the pictures!

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."  - Benjamin Franklin
"Liberty must at all hazards be supported. We have a right to it, derived from our Maker. But if we had not, our fathers have earned and bought it for us, at the expense of their ease, their estates, their pleasure, and their blood." -John Adams
Super Trooper, forever in my heart.
First Patch: (was a) KD 10/27/18
Winterseed Patch: 11/11/18
Orange Hat: 11/11/18
"InfernoSeed": 7/20/19
Red Hat: 4/18/21
KD: 11/26/23
Morgan's Shingle/Star (prone and standing): 11/26/23

Willociraptor

Looks fun!

Great job Pocket Watch!
Kudos to Roundballer for bringing out the Brown Bess. I bet everybody got a kick out of that, and it probably brought the heritage to life a little better.
"Esse Quam Videri" ... to be, rather than to seem