News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hollywood, FL Jan 29, 2022-One Day - Rifle

Started by Planeman, January 31, 2022, 07:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Planeman

The weather in Hollywood scared off a few, but the many that challenged the coldest South Florida day in 10 years prevailed!!

I am humbled, privileged, and honored to work with and be amongst such a dedicated group of students and instructors! 

The students came with a purpose, and it showed! As the target groupings got smaller and those smiles lit up the skies! 

A well-deserved "HUZZAH!" to Brian for his dedication and tenacity to stay focused achieving his Rifleman patch.  His perseverance showed as he inched his way into the riflemen's bubble to meet that goal on Saturday with a score of 211!  Then Jimmy without hesitation danced all the way to a very respectable 205 for a first-time participant.  I have no doubt, with a little continued dry fire practice, at the next event we'll see him with a brand-new shiny patch. 

Attached are a few pictures of our "cool" time together!  Please share any pictures you've taken and like to post!

Many of the other students overcame challenges and a few were just dancing on the edge of getting there as well. Congratulations to all of you.

My personal thanks to all who helped make this weekend such a success.  I couldn't have been more blessed with such a dedicated group of instructors and an amazing grouping of students with such willingness to learn.
"Instead of sitting down satisfied with the efforts we have already made, which is the wish of our enemies, the necessity of the times, now more than ever, calls for our utmost circumspection, deliberation, fortitude, and perseverance.."  - Samuel Adams-- HUZZAH!!

Pirategirl

Huzzah!  Never a finer group of instructors and shooters.  Cold and windy but targets were hot, hot, hot!i can't wait to see you all again at the next one!
What doesn't kill you makes cool scars, and scars are tattoos with better stories.

9mm4545

I truly enjoyed my day at the Hollywood range in the company of some really nice people. Remember: the only practice that makes for perfect isâ€"PERFECT PRACTICE! Accept nothing less than perfect when you dry practice and you will be very pleasantly surprised when you reward yourself with a trip to the range. Solid position, Six Steps to firing the shot, and Natural Point of Aim is the key. Do these perfectly and you will be a better than good shot. Hope to see everyone again soon!
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

flomo

It was a brisk morning in South Florida, but well worth any minor discomfort.  The instruction in marksmanship was top notch. Presentations about events in April 1775 were truly spectacular and inspiring for all in attendance. I suspect the instructors' infectious enthusiasm reflects their deeply held passion for our great country and the delivery of accurate rifle fire!

All in all, it was a wonderful day!  Quality time with my daughter and walking away with a rifleman patch!  What could have been better?

Many thanks to our instructors!

Huzzah!
Brian O'Mahoney

Willociraptor

205 first time out! Way to go Jimmy!
So cool to see young Americans on the line. Keep up the good work S.FL group  O0
And keep the pictures coming of people bundled up in their parkas. That right there is high quality (and FREE) entertainment!!  ;D
"Esse Quam Videri" ... to be, rather than to seem