News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

South Huntsville, AL AAR - December 4-5, 2021 (Rimfire KD)

Started by Maximum Ordinate, December 15, 2021, 08:13:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximum Ordinate

It was a great weekend at the Hobbs Island Shooting Range.  Eleven shooters came out for a Rimfire KD weekend.  This was Alabama's first two-day RKD and it was a lot of fun.

The weather was good enough we didn't need the classroom for much.  We began the day with some instruction and then we shot Morgan's Shingle.  Two men earned the right to march with Captain Morgan.  Congratulations to Jared and Mike! 

To warm up, we shot a 25m AQT.  Jared requalified with a 215.  Swiftbolt requalified with a 222.  Mike shot his first Rifleman score with a 236!  Huzzah!  When asked about it, he simply said that he practiced everything he learned at his last and spent the last week dry firing.

After our warm-up AQT, we gathered data and shot a Rimfire AQT at 200y.  Google joined us so she could requalify for the year.  Jin, Mike, and Google all earned their Rimfire KD patches!  For Jin and Mike, it was their first RKD qualifications!  About noon, the range prepared lunch for us.  (Thanks Don!)  We listened to the story of the War of Regulation and the Battle of Alamance.  These events were a foreshadowing and inspiration for the events of April 19th, 1775.

Sunday morning came quickly and we met back on the line and welcomed Mike (Mf1ve) to the cadre with an orange hat!!!   ^:)^

Next we began our day learning about Target Detection and participating in a Range Estimation exercise.  Even the ol' shoot boss brought out a new (to him) rifle for some ranging practice!

We shot an AQT with sighters and then broke for lunch.  Google told us the story of the Battle of King's Mountain. Then we shot 3-4 more AQTs... and wrapped up the day.  Saturday was a little misty, but we ended Sunday with some perfect weather.

I want to thank each of the instructors who came out and helped make this weekend a success.  You guys are great.  Thanks for helping end the Appleseed year in Alabama on such a high note.   O0

To all the shooters, well done.  If you didn't earn your patch this time, remember a Rifleman persists.  America needs Riflemen today to step up and be active in your communities and in your nations.  Our forefathers paid for our Liberty in blood and it's up to us to guard it well.

Finally, thanks to Don and Matt at Hobbs Island Shoot Range.  You guys are awesome and we appreciate you so much.

In Liberty,
MO
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

Maximum Ordinate

Of course, no after action report is complete without pics... here they are!

Sunday pics

"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

Mixed Metaphor

HUZZAH!  Great weekend with great people.  Thank you to all.

Alabama is blessed.
May Liberty Increase,

J. Gary Smith

Alabama

Mrs. Smith

Looking forward to adding our new Morgan's Riflemen to the roster!

All I need are names and City, State!  I'll steal the photo from here  :cool2:
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

HardHolder

Merry Christmas to everyone!

I hope all is well...

The RKD shoot was fantastic as we shot the first one in Alabama. To all the shooters thank you for your commitment to Liberty and marksmanship. Congratulations to all the shooters for persistence and hard work. A good group of you received either your RIFLEMAN
patch or your RKD tab. Great Job!

Mike welcome to the cadre taking the Orange hat. I know you will progress well. Also, great shooting with that 236. That rifle of yours is outstanding. I look forward to working with you in the future.

My deepest gratitude to the Cadre that made a new hat feel welcome and accepted.

To all the shooters, Remember, A RIFLEMAN Persists! We look forward to each of you coming to more events as we share what our gallant forefathers of the revolution gave us.

In Liberty,

HardHolder

Google

What a great weekend!  Everyone made progress and many were able to try their hand at RKD for the first time. That .22lr round has a mind of its own when shooting out to 200 yards  ;D 

Thanks to shooters and cadre alike for spending your weekend furthering the mission.  A special thanks to Mf1ve for stepping up to join the AL crew.  O0

CokeGuy

Really enjoyed the report and the great pictures. Merry Christmas to all my Alabama friends. Looking forward with excitement on working with you in 2022!
Everett (CokeGuy)

Mf1ve

I am honored to take an orange hat! This was an amazing weekend for me, and I believe for everyone involved. Extremely well-organized and operated. Bravo!