News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Pelham TN KD Shoot Dec 31, 2021

Started by Cleveland, January 01, 2022, 10:07:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cleveland

The threat of rain and the promise of mud and standing water did not deter 16 shooters from enjoying their New Years' Eve at a KD.

Chris K and Jacob L. set the standard high early by hitting Morgan's Shingle.

First-time Appleseed shooter Jacob checked all the boxes. he hit Morgans Shingle, scored a 48 on his first AQT, earning him Rifleman patch, KD rocker, and Distinguished patch. THis young man knows very well what he is about.

Chris K, scored a 43 at his first KD.
Overmountain earned his KD rocker with a 43

A number of shooters were requalified: Wiley Coyote 41, Leadslinger66 43, Army Vet 47, Google 48, and Johnny managed a 49 with irons on his M1.

Huzzah
Thanks to all the people that come out to shoot and to all the instructors that helped make this event a success.
The highest level of mastery is simplicity. Most information is irrelevant and most effort is wasted, but only the expert knows what to ignore. James Clear

Rifleman 19April2015
KD Qualified 17Oct2015
Pistoleer™ 12Dec2020
KD Requal 11Nov2021 50/50
Pistol IBC/Charter Pistol Instructor Antioch 2-22
200y RKD Qualified 14May2022

Cleveland

Riflemen.
The highest level of mastery is simplicity. Most information is irrelevant and most effort is wasted, but only the expert knows what to ignore. James Clear

Rifleman 19April2015
KD Qualified 17Oct2015
Pistoleer™ 12Dec2020

Cleveland

more rifleman

Rifleman 19April2015
KD Qualified 17Oct2015
Pistoleer™ 12Dec2020

ArmyVet

Many thanks to the crew that set this up! The New Year's Eve Instructor KD is a tradition we all look forward to in the TN Valley area. Great camaraderie and a chance to hone our own skills. If we "talk the talk" during the year instructing at 25m events, we should be able to "walk the walk".
The difference between a novice and a master: the novice does it until they get it right. The master does it until they can't get it wrong.

Roswell

Looks like it was a great event. Congratulations to all the qualifiers, re-quals and to the new Rifleman!  ^:)^
Known Distance Qualified: Talladega, AL 12-3-16 - 45/50; Distinguished 49/50 - Talladega, AL 12-8-19
Instructor Boot Camp: Toccoa, GA 7-13, 8-15; Pelham, TN 2-14, 2-16; Columbiana, AL 2-15; Canton, GA 2-18, 1-19, 2-20, 2-21, 3-22, 2-23, 1-24
Shoot Boss Boot Camp and Liberty Seminar: Toccoa, GA 8-14 & Canton, GA 1-19

Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: South Huntsville, AL 5-20; Canton, GA 1-21, 2-24
Pistol Qualified: Spencer, TN 4-10-21
Charter Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: Antioch, TN 2-22 & Canton, GA 1-23

JustKim

How cool is that!  I think FL might just have to copy this tradition!
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

Eagle Keeper

I t was an awesome day I'M glad I got to spend time with everyone.  :1luvu :F :1luvu
I have come here to chew gum and teach riflemen the art of shooting one hole groups and I'm all out of bubblegum.
   Z-man
You can't shoot perfect if you don't know what perfect looks like.
     Somebody

Leadslinger66

What a great day! Nothing better than spending New Years Eve with fellow patriots!

Thanks to Cleveland for running this event and all those that helped put it together.
John

"We mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor." - the signers of the Declaration of Independence

Rustygun

Looks like a really good event with a lot of strong shooting! Congrats to all the Riflemen and Riflewomen

Google

I enjoyed the opportunity to spend a day on the range with my Appleseed family. 

Many thanks to Cleveland for running this event!!

TallTimber

It was a great event with great people.  Thanks to the hosts, Instructors, and RSOs for the great time!  Wet and muddy isn't such a bad thing when shooting.  :)

Tennessee Beast

Huzzah!!!!   WAY TO GO, Folks!!!!   :F
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe