News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

WNY club wants info

Started by Seven95, October 12, 2021, 11:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seven95

I am a member of the Grand Island Rod & Gun Club. At tonight's Board of Director's meeting I spoke briefly about having attended the Appleseed clinic in Ontario, NY (Oct 2-3). Note: I am not a board member, so have no power or influence.

Briefly, told them about Appleseed, Showed targets, explained as best I could. Basically, how much FUN it is. The Folks seemed interested -- they asked for more information for next month's meeting (November 9).

Having never been involved in setting up an event, where can I get more information? Who can I speak to? Can I get some brochures? I am not even sure what questions too ask y'all first.

Even if Grand Island RGC decides 'NO', there are a few other clubs around that might like this information.
IBC - Colebrook, CT 3-22-2022

"Reason is poor propaganda when opposed by the yammering, unceasing lies of shrewd and evil and self-serving men."
â€"  Robert A. Heinlein

"It altogether astonishes me that I am the same age as old people."   â€" me   ;^)

T. WOLF

Quote from: Seven95 on October 12, 2021, 11:20:46 PM
I am a member of the Grand Island Rod & Gun Club. At tonight's Board of Director's meeting I spoke briefly about having attended the Appleseed clinic in Ontario, NY (Oct 2-3). Note: I am not a board member, so have no power or influence.

Noted!  Thank you so much for speaking about your experience at ORGC. 

QuoteBriefly, told them about Appleseed, Showed targets, explained as best I could. Basically, how much FUN it is. The Folks seemed interested -- they asked for more information for next month's meeting (November 9).

Nice job! That's how a seed gets planted.

Having never been involved in setting up an event, where can I get more information? Who can I speak to?

You are in the right spot for information.  I will be reaching out to you to supply your local club with information.  You can speak to everyone here.  Ultimately "we" (you and us) should speak to the club board together... but that can come later.  You are exactly where you should be right now - here, on appleseedinfo.org, engaging with Instructors.

Even if Grand Island RGC decides 'NO', there are a few other clubs around that might like this information.

Great, let's never quit until Project Appleseed is a household name in New York State.  We believe there are a lot of great clubs in New York - and we believe in New Yorkers.  What we need is HELP - Local Boots on the Ground.  I cannot overstate how important our LBOTG was to our success in Ontario. Are you offering to be our LBOTG in far-Eastern New York?  My God, Grand Island... we could almost get Canadians into the mix over there! MapleSeed is a thing that needs to live on.

My name is Travis Wolf and I was your Shoot Boss in Ontario - you can reach me at traviswolf@gmail.com and (248) 259-9296, but we're going to continue to provide updates here in this thread for the benefit of New York State and the whole of Project Appleseed.   We have new Orange Hats in the state who are just getting acclimated to their roles, and we definitely want them involved in any expansion efforts.

Seven95...I think I have a good idea of who you are, and thank you so much for taking this initiative - it's exactly the spark we were hoping for from New York.

Have you ever heard the term "a flash in the pan"?  That's not how we want our efforts in New York to go down.  Thank you for stepping up and taking the initiative.

"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leaders, and concerting measures in opposition to each other." ~John Adams 1780

Crazyduckhunter

Seven95. I just replied to your message. The club looks like it is only about a 2 1/2 hour drive for me. Certainly doable to run an event at that location. Reply please and I can mail you some information that you can take to the next board meeting. And, you are more than welcome to call me or have any of the board members call for more information. 216-513-2430.

Twolf? I think that one of the fellows that took a orange hat lives close to Buffalo? Not sure exactly. That could be a plus in being able to run an event there.

CDH

VietVet

Seven95...Let me take a look at what material I have that will help you promote Appleseed. I'll get back to you via PM. I'm sure I have some promotional material that you can present to the Board.   

ETA: I'd be more than willing to talk with you if you would like. Just PM me your # and we'll talk. Unfortunately I'm located on Long Island and you can't get much further South East in NY.
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

VietVet

Quote....we could almost get Canadians into the mix over there! MapleSeed is a thing that needs to live on

A few years back I was one of the three New Yorkers who traveled to Canada to help them launch "Mapleseed". Unfortunately we can no longer legally Instruct in Canada or allow non US Citizens to attend our events here in the US. 
                                    OUR

VietVet

Seven95..... I put this together awhile back. It pretty much tells the story of Appleseed.
It may need a little updating but I feel it will be helpful for a presentation to the club.
I tried to get the best photo I could but I hope you'll get the idea.

OUR

Crazyduckhunter

Package going out to you today in the mail. Some pamphlets and what not. Also included blank copies of the host application for the club.

CDH

T. WOLF

Quote from: Crazyduckhunter on October 13, 2021, 08:30:10 AM
Twolf? I think that one of the fellows that took a orange hat lives close to Buffalo? Not sure exactly. That could be a plus in being able to run an event there.

Both of our new orange hats are in the greater Rochester area - about 1.5 hour drive from this club, very doable.  I am getting them situated on the forum and connected to TIPS, but will direct them to this thread to watch for updates.

Quote from: VietVet
A few years back I was one of the three New Yorkers who traveled to Canada to help them launch "Mapleseed". Unfortunately we can no longer legally Instruct in Canada or allow non US Citizens to attend our events here in the US.

Indeed - not sure how I overlooked that obvious hurdle.  This is the Niagara region though - there's gotta be some folks in that area with duel-citizenship!  ^-^
"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leaders, and concerting measures in opposition to each other." ~John Adams 1780

Charles McKinley

I would come along for the ride with CDH.

Keep us informed of what you need.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

ITB

Born and raised NYer here.  Count me in for support for events.  I can do downstate/NYC /LI, too.  Mom lives in Tarrytown, and I have friends on LI that would let me use a guest bedroom.
"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

T. WOLF

Things are progressing well with Grand Island - there are still questions to sort out before we can commit to a date, but tonight we received unanimous approval from the club board to host an event there in 2022.  Thank you Seven95 and Crazyduckhunter for all of your efforts thus far.  If we can arrange it I will try to visit the club in person when I swing through upstate NY for Thanksgiving in a couple weeks.

Crazyduckhunter