News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Dundee, OR, Oct 9/10 2021, AAR

Started by P7, October 12, 2021, 05:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P7

Thanks to Redhead for sponsoring and instructing a successful shoot at Chehalem Valley Sportsman's Club in Dundee, Oregon.   With 15 shooters and only the shoot boss and one instructor, it could have been a very challenging shoot to manage.  But we had a very good, responsible group of shooters who paid attention to the instruction and safety protocols meticulously.  They were patient and cooperative, which made the instructor's jobs much easier.  We especially appreciated that two experienced Appleseeders who were there as shooters volunteered to act as demonstrators during instructional periods.  Thanks, Marty and Miles!

Saturday's weather was beautiful, and although we got some rain on Sunday it didn't affect us much. We had one new Rifleman and three requalifications, as well as some significant improvement in groups and scores by everyone else through the weekend.

We enjoyed working with the four Young Patriots who came to shoot.  Thanks to the parents for bringing them to an Appleseed - they are our Posterity!

We welcome your insights, comments, critiques, and suggestions.  Please let us know what you thought of the event, and anywhere we might be able to improve.  Thanks again!
Bradley "Brad" Foster (P7)

313-549-4956
bradley.foster@appleseedinfo.org

"The great object is that every man be armed."  - Patrick Henry

Redhead

Thank you so much P7 for making the event possible.  You were a great Shootboss.  ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

Whew, what can I say.  It was absolutely the best, and most fun, AS I have worked yet.  We were busy and tired at the end but with a great bunch of students and just at the maximum size for two people it went well.  The students handled the rain Sunday morning like troopers. 

P7 was Lineboss all Saturday while I instructed.   Sunday we switch roles for the whole day.  It was such a pleasure to know what I was going to be doing all day whether it was instructing or running the line.

:F

P7

Redhead, thanks for your kind words!  It was certainly demanding with only two of us, but I agree that although we were even more tired than usual it was a lot of fun!  I enjoyed working with you, we made a good team.

Attached here are photos of two of the Rifleman who requalified this weekend.  Unfortunately we were so busy keeping everything going that we didn't take many photos.  If anyone else has photos of the event that you'd like to share, please send them to me at the email address from which you received the introductory and follow-up emails (don't post them here).   As long as they contain only images of those participants who gave permission for their photos to be shared, I'll post them here.

Thanks!
Bradley "Brad" Foster (P7)

313-549-4956
bradley.foster@appleseedinfo.org

"The great object is that every man be armed."  - Patrick Henry