News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New York - Oct 2/3, 2021

Started by T. WOLF, October 08, 2021, 01:33:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T. WOLF

Thank you New Yorkers for coming out and braving the elements.  Thank you for challenging yourselves. Thank you for getting off your couch and stepping up to be responsible Americans. Thank you for sticking around and helping us tear down the range in the pouring rain! Our founding fathers would be proud of you.

Thank you to Ontario Rod & Gun Club for being such great hosts!

Thank you to our incredible instructors who traveled in from Ohio, New Hampshire, Michigan and Vermont! Thank you to our Local Boots on the Ground who did so much to help us plan and prepare.

Congratulations to our newest Riflemen - Mason, Ian and Barb!

Congratulations to our newest Orange Hats - Darren and Chris - you guys are scary-accurate.  You need to adjust your sight picture now... now it's all about helping others achieve what you have. You can give your fellow Americans something that already belongs to them.  It's a very rewarding journey. 

To our youth shooters - Nate, Joseph, Bryson and Dylan - it was an absolute pleasure having you guys on the line with us.  Thank for you being attentive and safe - you give us great hope for the future.

We believe in all of you! We are Americans. We are holding the line, we are carrying the torch... we are Riflemen, and a Rifleman persists!

FOLLOW THIS LINK TO LOTS OF PICTURES

"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leaders, and concerting measures in opposition to each other." ~John Adams 1780

Crazyduckhunter

This was certainly an event for the books. Awesome club here in the great state of New York. Thank you for hosting Project Appleseed. I had an amazing time and I look forward to next year!!

TOMINCT

Great job T. WOLF and IT's there to help!
crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

MattNH

Holy pictures - Bakin and Erin were on top of that - I'll be there next year for sure
Appleseed is friend to all, enemy to none

hawkman

TWolf and your crew,

Thank you all for traveling to the state of New York to make this event possible. Words can not express the apprecition for the effort you made to make this event happen. A safe,fun, educational weekend to be rembered for a long time.
I look forword to September 24/25 2022.

Thanks

T. WOLF

Quote from: hawkman251 on October 08, 2021, 05:17:52 PM
TWolf and your crew,

Thank you all for traveling to the state of New York to make this event possible. Words can not express the appreciation for the effort you made to make this event happen. A safe,fun, educational weekend to be rembered for a long time.
I look forword to September 24/25 2022.

Thanks

You are most welcome. Thank YOU for stepping up to support our mission. We are looking forward to next year as well.

I missed a couple of administrative items on Sunday afternoon when the rain came in: 

First, Project Appleseed and the RWVA (Revolutionary War Veterans Association) are affiliates of the Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP).  You can read what they are about - but basically it's a program started by Teddy Roosevelt at the turn of the last century to make sure Americans didn't become useless with rifles.  The CMP can supply you with ammunition, and surplus M1 Garands and 1911's.  The CMP has three requirements before they'll do business with you.  First, be an American citizen.  Second, join an affiliated club such as RWVA/Appleseed, and third - participate in a marksmanship clinic, which you all just did.  I can sign that paperwork for you if you're interested - just shoot me an email or dm.

One of the shooters reached out to ask me where they can dive into our revolutionary war history - and I love to hear that. 

Usually I dedicate a few minutes on Sunday afternoon to talk about further reading into the history, but we cut things short to get out of the rain.  The 'three strikes of the match', as Appleseed refers to them - the events that unfolded on April 19th at Lexington and Concord - are covered in great detail in the book Paul Revere's Ride by David Hackett Fischer.  That's the book most often referenced by Appleseed.

There is also Lexington and Concord by Arthur B Tourtellot, and A Single Blow: The Battles of Lexington and Concord by Phillip Greenwalt which cover the same subject matter, but are more concise than Paul Revere's Ride.

If you're interested in broader stories from the Revolutionary War, these are two that I really like:

Special Operations in the American Revolution by Robert Tonsetic
Bunker Hill:  A City, A Siege, A Revolution by Nathaniel Philbrick 

The latter is part of 3-book series that is supposed to be pretty good - I haven't read the others yet.

Journal of the American Revolution is also a great source for further reading and historical insights.

"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leaders, and concerting measures in opposition to each other." ~John Adams 1780

yogini

I want to thank all of you so much for the instruction, guidance and support.   It was a pleasure to meet everyone and to have the opportunity to learn.  I look forward to next year and continue growth.  I loved the history it made me feel so humble and it gave me a sense of pride for our country, and a better understanding of what I have been given.  What an honor it is and may I never forget. 
It also sparked the desire for me to want to do more. Thank you for all this project does and may God bless us all. 
With a grateful heart.

T. WOLF

Quote from: yogini on October 08, 2021, 06:47:56 PM
I want to thank all of you so much for the instruction, guidance and support.   It was a pleasure to meet everyone and to have the opportunity to learn.  I look forward to next year and continue growth.  I loved the history it made me feel so humble and it gave me a sense of pride for our country, and a better understanding of what I have been given.  What an honor it is and may I never forget. 
It also sparked the desire for me to want to do more. Thank you for all this project does and may God bless us all. 
With a grateful heart.

You are so welcome, thank you for posting - and thank you for coming out!!

NateM13

Thank you so much for all the work youre doing for liberty and the nation. I look forward to one day becoming an instructor to further the message of liberty to as many people as I possible can. I look forward to coming next year with as many of my young adult friends who've never or very rarely shot a rifle to spread the word of the importance of practical marksmanship and liberty. I think I can speak for most of New York when I say thank you for bringing such an important program back to a state in dire need of exactly this course.

Seven95

T.Wolf, THANK YOU and the other instructors and your family for a GREAT event. An especially big THANK YOU to the ORGC for hosting the event.

Learned some new aspects/facts of our founding history and, as always, reinforced shooting skills.

Already have blocked out September 24/25, 2022 on my calendar - Looking forward to it.

Again, Thank You all.
IBC - Colebrook, CT 3-22-2022

"Reason is poor propaganda when opposed by the yammering, unceasing lies of shrewd and evil and self-serving men."
â€"  Robert A. Heinlein

"It altogether astonishes me that I am the same age as old people."   â€" me   ;^)

Crazyduckhunter

WOW. That's about all I can say to each and everyone of you that has posted here. Thank you.
Anyone know of another club/range that would be interested in hosting an event in NY? Maybe the Buffalo area?
Also,  events in your neighboring states are getting posted on the schedule.
CDH

Corvette

Well done all.  Way to take the message back to NY.  Congrats to all for a successful event. 

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

T. WOLF

Quote from: NateM13
Thank you so much for all the work youre doing for liberty and the nation. I look forward to one day becoming an instructor to further the message of liberty to as many people as I possible can. I look forward to coming next year with as many of my young adult friends who've never or very rarely shot a rifle to spread the word of the importance of practical marksmanship and liberty. I think I can speak for most of New York when I say thank you for bringing such an important program back to a state in dire need of exactly this course.

Nate, it was excellent having you on the line with us, bud.  You showed great composure - a major quality we look for in an instructor.  I hope you will stay the course and continue honing your skills, and thank you for stepping up to show others the way.  We are really counting on your generation to pick up the torch and carry it forward with us.

Quote from: Seven95
T.Wolf, THANK YOU and the other instructors and your family for a GREAT event. An especially big THANK YOU to the ORGC for hosting the event.
Learned some new aspects/facts of our founding history and, as always, reinforced shooting skills.
Already have blocked out September 24/25, 2022 on my calendar - Looking forward to it.
Again, Thank You all.

Thank you so much for coming out!  It's great to hear you'll be back next year.  We are definitely hoping to expand our program in NY and I'll be sure to reach out if another opportunity comes up sooner.

ThatIndianGuy

Thank you T. Wolf and your fellow instructors for volunteering your time and energy to do this.

I really enjoyed the program and learned a lot.

I look forward to being back next year.
Indian immigrant. Naturalized American. Fan of the Bill of Rights.

First Appleseed: October 2021 @ ORGC, NY
Rifleman: September 2022 @ ORGC, NY
Rimfire KD Tab: November 2023 @ Beaver Falls, PA

"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

T. WOLF

Quote from: ThatIndianGuy on October 13, 2021, 10:52:02 AM
Thank you T. Wolf and your fellow instructors for volunteering your time and energy to do this.

I really enjoyed the program and learned a lot.

I look forward to being back next year.

You are so welcome, Viv - and I apologize for missing your post here.  Your smiling face and energy kept me fueled up all weekend!  It was really great to have you on the line with us.