News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Marengo, Ohio Pistol AAR Nov 6-7, 2021

Started by Meadow, November 08, 2021, 09:40:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meadow

The Frost was on the Pumpkin, factually, when the Pistol shooters arrived at Cardinal Shooting center Saturday & Sunday Morning.  28 degrees.

Our Michigan boarder raiders came prepared with heaters to keep them and ammo warm. As the day progressed the sunshine showed up to help warm up our pistol shooters as they continued to improve their shooting scores.

The future Pistoleer™s were a seasoned bunch, they were focused their journey, Pistoleer™ attainment.  Our first Red Coat of the day had 1 cleared with 4 buttons; last red coat of the day had 5 cleared with 7 buttons. More was yet to come from this bunch.  Between the red coats were instructions, practice & PQT's.  By end of the day we had three (3) new Pistoleer™s: Bill - 219; Dave - 223,225; Craig - 230,239,225,234,224; Jared - re-qual 219, 222

Sunday arrived with daylight, as the time change fell back but this bunch didn't fall back, they moved forward. Awake and ready to tackle the day, including some fun down time.  The morning red coat produced 1 clear; the closing red coat again produced 3 cleared
This group of 7 was not setting still waiting for the sun to warm things up, they provided the warmup at a rapid pace.  Dave - 225; Robert - 231; Craig - 232; distinguished 240 (congrats); Scotty - 215; Mike 222.  Jered - Re-qual - 221, 228

Yep, count them: 6 new shooters; 6 new Pistoleer™s! = 100%.   CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL !!!

Our fun circle challenge came down to using "calipers" to determine the winner.  Naga did the exact measurement and the winner won by 1/1000th of an inch.  WOW we are precise. Dave won.

Fun time at the speed tree, center fire vs. center fire, rimfire vs. rimfire.  It was a tense back n forth battle, but a winner's were finally crowned.  Craig on center fire.  Manik on Rimfire.

Thanks to Cardinal shooting center for providing the range for our events. What a great location.

Thanks to our team of instructors. Slow but sure; Naga; Navy Shooter; Manik.

Dave K

This was my second Appleseed event and Meadow has been my shoot boss both times. At my first event, everyone in my group qualified as a Rifleman by the end of the event. This event had 100% Pistoleer™ qualification. That definitely speaks volumes of the quality of the instruction at these events.

I can't wait to attend my next event (I have my eye on a Winterseed patch)!

This event was with a great group of shooters and instructors. The Cardinal Shooting Center is a great venue as well. I'm hoping for an opportunity to shoot there again in the near future.

I'm honored to have gotten to spend the weekend with this great group.

Naga

Photos attached

Charley

Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!

Sounds like another great Appleseed event! Congratulations to our new and re-qualified Pistoleer™s!

Trunk Monkey

This was my first Appleseed Pistol Clinic, and my second Appleseed event.  I was very happy with the instruction.  The depth of knowledge that Meadow and the others possess, along with their styles of instruction, professionalism, and skill levels made the course fun and worthwhile.  Not to mention, that the base level of shooting skills the other's on the line possessed was very impressive.

Being new to the Appleseed world I did not know what to expect.  I came to the even prepared to learn and hoping to qualify.  I brought a decades old Ruger MK ii.  The pistol had been passed down three generations in my family and I thought it would be fun to bring my heritage to the range. Using this pistol I was able to clear the redcoat course, but I was not able to pass the AQT as the pistol was constantly having malfunctions.

After noticing my problems, several shooters (including Meadow) offered me the use of their personal firearms to pass the course.  I was hesitant as I wanted to use my Grandfather's pistol and I am not used to shooting other people's firearms.  That being said, they convinced me that I would not be able to qualify with my pistol because of it's condition, so I accepted the loan of another firearm.  After a familiarization round, I was able to raise my score over 20 points and earn my Pistoleer™ badge immediately.

I just wanted to say thank you again to the crew from Appleseed who made this event happen and to the others on the line.  I had a very good time sharpening my skills, but enjoyed making new friends whom I hope to see at future events even more.  I believe that the kindness and helpfulness of Appleseed members and staff is inspiring. 

Thank you!

Trunk Monkey

Manik

Many thanks to Meadow and Cardinal Shooting Center for making the event possible!

This was technically my 2nd Pistol Clinic but like every event I attend, working or participating, I still have plenty left to learn.  Thank you to everyone who showed up and made the weekend what it was! I had a rough start in the beginning due to some bad ammo, but that's how it goes.

Congratulations to everyone that earned their patch and I hope to see you all on the line again soon!

scottyoh

A big thank-you to everyone, instructors and shooters who attended. I finally decided to switch to a 22, and with everyone's tips, scored a patch at 215. Although cool in the am, it was a beautiful 2 days on the range. Fresh air and activity are parts of the reason I like Appleseeds, along with history, instruction, comradery, going bang, and exercising the second amendment. It was a distinct pleasure to shoot with each of you and I hope to see each of you again on a shooting range somewhere in Ohio! I hope to take an orange hat next year after improving my score to 240 and scoring 40/50 at a KD with centerfire. I thank NAGA for his confidence and help.

Chieflane

Crazyduckhunter

Sounds like this event was an outstanding success.

CheckPoint

Big thanks to all the Buckeye Cadre for putting in a perfect Appleseed Pistol Clinic. 
Meadow is an awesome Shoot Boss and the rest of the Cadre were awesome to.  I greatly appreciated the pistol instruction and guidance.  And and special thanks to Meadow for offering up a warm cup of Joe.  It helped take the chill out of the cold November morning.  Also thanks to the Cadre for scoring all the targets.  There was more than a coupe targets to score. Thanks.

That was my first Appleseed Pistol Clinic. I really enjoyed it.  The course of fire is challenging.  I felt comfortable the entire event.  Safety was on point and the line was ran with a high degree of efficiency.  The event was well managed, instructed, and executed.  The dueling tree at the end of the event was a fun experience and a welcome change of pace from the PTQ grind.

It was great to shoot with everybody there and thanks for welcoming us Michiganders to your Buckeye firingline!

All the best to everybody!

CheckPoint