News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Things are LOOKING BAD!

Started by HollywoodMarine, March 11, 2009, 05:21:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HollywoodMarine

That is right :( things are looking bad. At the range, this last weekend when I was up at Piru. It has been almost a year since the last rang day and I think we could use another one. Cut the weeds, scope the poop, clean out the shed. In addition, this would be a great chance for some history lesions and MMMMM BBQ ;) What do you say people.  O0 I now our plates are full with the 19th but we should do this before it is to Hot and it would be good practice before it if we could.
                                                                                                    HM
A wise man can learn from a fool, but a fool cannot learn even from a wise man.

Embrace the suck!

bob 210

There is supposed to be a backhoe scheduled to be there on Mar 21-22 during the IBC. The intention was to have the IBC on the lower 22lr range while the backhoe cleans up the upper range, builds a road up to the upper plateau for possible steel targets. If anybody wants to come out and help....
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

HollywoodMarine

Has any one thought about camping at the range that weekend. It would be a good way to save money and I think it would be a blast. That is if there were some other fine folks to talk to around a campfire.  O0                                                                             
                                                                                                          HM

Embrace the suck!

LavaTech

Quote from: HollywoodMarine on March 11, 2009, 02:01:07 PM
Has any one thought about camping at the range that weekend. It would be a good way to save money and I think it would be a blast. That is if there were some other fine folks to talk to around a campfire.  O0                                                                             
                                                                                                          HM

I could go easily that route.....it'd have to be solid b4 GoL reserves any hotel room(s) though. I think at least 3 would be a good start so there's enough ears to slime with the Bull Sh.. **) :D
I've got Coleman lanterns & stoves to light & warm things up as needed. ;)
In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress.

- John Adams

asminuteman

"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."~ Thomas Paine

I know of no way to judge the future, then by the past. -Thomas Paine

andysurfs

We'll be there... just let me know if its a go and what we need to bring. We camped out there last weekend for AS and it was very cool (dont know why more people dont do it). Lots of cows mooing all hours of the night though.

HollywoodMarine

Ok that is the sprit, The Ideas I had for improvements are cutting weeds (I can get two weed whackers) setting up and measuring for the known distance targets. If some one has a laser that would help ;) The other ideas I had, was making a work bench off to the side for working on rifles. Some ideas would be making stairs or a sign. All just thoughts running around in my head ++) As far as camping andysurf and his family were there all last weekend. I am sure Mike would leave the gate open. As far as food, I was thinking BBQ  :P I will bring the Carne Asada :)) And then we could do some history around the camp fire O0
                                                                                      HM

Embrace the suck!

HollywoodMarine

Ok so Saturday there will be an IBC, and a working party. The IBC will be down at the parking lot/22 range. Every one else can help up on the top. So far, what I was thinking was general house keeping and start setting up the KD range. With history in the evening, and then campfire. The last few weeks have been green. However, we should get an old washing machine or 55gal barrel. How does this sound?  Any ideas?  @@)

Embrace the suck!

andysurfs

Sounds like a good time. I can bring a laser range finder, a weedwacker, generator and power tools if needed.
Just a thought, if we went up friday night we would have that much of a headstart on saturday morning. (you probably cant tell this family love campfires and bbq's)

HollywoodMarine

I have some home made BBQ sauce i have been dying to try O0

Embrace the suck!

LavaTech

It would be nice if we could standardize dimensions and leg materials for the target holders to fit inside of a Pringles can/PVC section for example, and this we could fix flush in the ground with cement. The size chosen would have to represent zero hoof danger and/or be plugged with fillers, but when built and poured in place the targets could be erected in a matter of a couple minutes by dropping the legs in the holes, and no portable electric drill motors would be needed except when/if making more target holders at Piru. An added benefit would be the difficulty of getting ricochets from the now totally wooden leg structure. :)

Just a thought to toss around and possibly consider for next time. O0 I can't get up there Friday but will be there Sat. AM (of course). ::)
In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress.

- John Adams

sespe

You would have to pick a weekend I'm working.  If you set the range on fire, please do it on Saturday so I can come up!
I appeal to you again to constantly bear in mind that with you, and not with politicians, not with Presidents, not with office-seekers, but with you, is the question, "Shall the Union and shall the liberties of this country be preserved to the latest generation?"  -Abraham Lincoln

asminuteman

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."~ Thomas Paine

BaldDragn

I'll be there Friday shortly after noon, depending on when my broker will let me pick up my new Cal-legal AR lower. I'm looking forward to getting in a bit of work, camping out and time around the campfire.
"Anxiety and stress are the children of apathy and ignorance." - Jack Spirko

Saving the USS America - Good work if you can get it: Group Consensus, Sac 06/09 Instructors Meeting.

SAPPER STEEL!

HollywoodMarine

I LOVE IT WHEN A PLAN COMES TOGETHER   ;) That sounds like a great idea lava/asminuteman. That would save a tone of time on set up. I will bring a posthole digger. I think we should do a potluck on sat lunch. This way it will not be in the ice chest to long. Moreover, we could have leftovers for dinner. I am in for ?lbs of Carne Asada. If some one could bring up a BBQ that would be awesome. Lava u are in for chili. Cal 7.62 and I are working on a campfire barrel. PM me and let me know if you are comeing/camping and what you are going to bring, or any ideas O0
                                                                                                   HM

Embrace the suck!

bob 210

All great ideas. The issue of permanent target line backer holders is something we will do, but first things first. We have to clear the upper level of the range of brush, so that we can measure distances for placement of steel/paper target placement for known distance. This will give us a basis for where we will place the firing line and build the cover for the firing line. Then we will establish where the 25 meter target line will be placed. That's why we will have a backhoe at the range this weekend. We also need to place new range sign posts for the big Appleseed sign. Hope to see you all there.
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

Double D

count me in for the clean up and camping %)
"We are dedicated to this cause, but those that came before us were committed to the cause of liberty. We seem to be nearly unbelievable in today's world, but we hardly measure up to men like Issac Davis."  BaldDragn

SavageShootr

Quote from: doubled on March 17, 2009, 04:52:24 PM
count me in for the clean up and camping %)

doubled.... as much as that would be appreciated you will be attending the IBC which will be held on the lower range, while the cleanup is up top. .... you can still camp though.   <:)

~SS
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

V

I'll be there to help out whereever whatever. I'll bring my van and sleep in the back if we are camping and jawing.

Cheers
Phil

asminuteman

LayloPro

All righty!!

We have some good spirited folks looking at all this.....

LtDang, Dirty130 & I will be there for the IBC, but if desired, I can print up some extra copies of the strikes "bullet points" that I made up, as well as the DOM sheets......working on the history is critical, and being able to not -read- it of utmost importance.

Do we have a body count of folks who will be in on all this? I will bring copies......
C-Ya there!
LLP
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

Double D

dang!! and i was all ready to help w/ the clean up.  more study time!!!
"We are dedicated to this cause, but those that came before us were committed to the cause of liberty. We seem to be nearly unbelievable in today's world, but we hardly measure up to men like Issac Davis."  BaldDragn

andysurfs

I have to back out for this weekend, I had a bunch of stuff come at that I need to take care of. Let me know if you need to borrow tools (weedeater, fuel, wheelbarrow, range finder, shovels, etc) If you need them, call me on my cell 805-746-2304.

Sorry for having to back out at the last minute.

asminuteman