News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Lubbock, TX: 12-13 JUN 2021

Started by RJ.Mouse, June 15, 2021, 01:33:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RJ.Mouse

Event:     AppleSeed (2 Day Clinic)
Date:      12-13 JUN 2021

Day 01:
     Our day started at 0830 hrs. with 14 students (12 registered, 2 walk-ons, and 1 desert frog) showing up and checking in ready to learn history, heritage, and the 3 essential ingredients of Precision Marksmanship.  The morning temperature started off around 79 degrees and quickly rose as we accomplished the Red Coats, sling configurations, shooting positions, NPOA, sight-ins, IMC, and more.  By 1400 hrs the range temperature reached 105 degrees, everyone applied an extra coat of sun block and continued to soldier onward.  We ended the day with an AQT and a Red Coat, both showing marked improvement and a well deserved since of accomplishment.

*Special Note:  Congratulations to the Lubbock Appleseeders for being the first group in the nation to earn the "CalienteSeed" badge.  Outstanding perseverance and tenacity!

Day 1 (First) Red Coats
  5 student(s), three hits in the 100 yds silhouette
  2 student(s), three hits in the 200 yds silhouette
  1 student(s), three hits in the 300 yds silhouette
  0 student(s), three hits in the 400 yds silhouette
  1 student(s), single hit in the DMorgan Square (250 yds)

Day 02:
     The hot air and dusty/gusty winds did not stop the 11 returning students from re-applying the previous day's lessons for an impressive show of marksmanship.  After a quick review we began the AQT Grind all the way to lunch.  After lunch, at 101 degrees, the AQT Grind continued until the end of the day producing one repeat Appleseed Rifleman, two Instructor requalification, one new Blue Hat, and other AQT scores ranging up 208.  Excellent job! 

Day 2 (Last) Red Coats
  0 student(s), three hits in the 100 yds silhouette
  3 student(s), three hits in the 200 yds silhouette
  3 student(s), three hits in the 300 yds silhouette
  0 student(s), three hits in the 400 yds silhouette
  5 student(s), single hit in the Murphy Square (250 yds)

[*** Pics Will Be Posted Soon ***]
[A Rifleman is not born but is cast in the Rifleman's mold by other Riflemen.
A Rifleman's greatest honor comes with passing of skills, heritage, and
knowledge of obligations to those that will and must continue the war.
...]
~ Steve Anderson ~

oladcock

Good job TEXAS! Lets get some photos up!....
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

hotairbill

I enjoyed being par boiled in Texas, but then again, I am a glutton for punishment. Don't ask about the second day, Oh My.  First time for me getting to drive 40 miles from the hotel to the range, each way.  The little towns in the vicinity did not have any hotels.  Tiny towns. 
The area is a farming area and as such, very flat in all directions.  To create a range the ground is dug out about 30 feet down and the earth is piled above to create an additional berm. It was a learning weekend for me.  745 miles later we accomplished the Appleseedmission.  Next time, let's try wintertime?  I still have my long johns.
If you are not happy doing what you are doing... it's time to change what you are doing!
Rifleman patch, March 16, 2014.  Accepted an ORANGE hat on Sunday, 20 April, in Roswell NM. Now I start "Baby Steps."
Earned Red Hat, May 21, 2017.  Earned Shoot Boss, November 4, 2018!  Look out, Alamogordo, N.M. here comes Appleseed, again!

KawGirl

An Appleseed in Lubbock???
That Snuck up on me... I was in Midland that weekend.
I'll keep a lookout from now on.
Hope to see y'all at the next event.
KawGirl's Signature - - - - -                            
1st Appleseed  - 04/16/2016 - Clearwater, FL
O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    
  /%       ( V       ,____    O.___.
/  %      o/L         ,___--- V

oladcock

KawGirl, it was organized "cross border", wasn't aware you were in the area or we would have surely invited you!
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx