News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Marriottsville MD May 8-9, 2021 AAR

Started by BeSwift, May 09, 2021, 07:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeSwift

Amazing class at Marriottsville MD... Sat saw 15 shooters on the line (with 2 bowing out at lunch). Great progress was made and the day ended with an AQT, on which, 3 shooters earned Rifleman..  Sunday saw 14 shooters return to the line for the "rifleman's grind"... By days end, another 6 shooters earned Rifleman, for a total of 9 out of 15 earning Rifleman!... Highlights include 16 year old brand new shooter Madeline D earning Rifleman, youth phenom 11 year old Eva, scoring scores in 222 thru 231 repeatedly just to name a few...   Thank you to all the students, volunteers (including one from Kentucky!), and host club for another amazing event...
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

Rustygun

CarrollMS

Marriotsville had the most amazing results. It made the heart glad to witness all the shooters' success, but especially new Riflemen. A hat tip to the parents who brought out their young to encourage and support them through the Appleseed program.  I was very pleased to see Jim, a former Appleseed Rifleman, requalify "Distinguished" with his Ruger 10/22 and tech sights on day 1. It was a privilege and pleasure to work with these patriots: cadre, shooters, and parents.
"Pro Libertate"
Distinguished,
Known Distance,
Rimfire KD 200

Catch-10-22

It was a great event with great people, both in terms of shooters and instructors. The appreciation showed by our shooters and their families at the event (and in emails afterwards) with regards to rifle marksmanship and history was very heartening  :F

It was great to work with you CarrollMS - you are always welcome in Maryland and I hope to work a shoot in Kentucky at some point too!

jmb122mp

CarrollMS, thank you for your kind words.  It was truly a pleasure meeting you this past weekend.  Thank you again for your pointers during the sight-in targets and positional practice rounds... your pointers immediately clicked and resulted in a dramatic decrease of inconsistencies in my shots.  I went from a previous personal best score of 215 to a 223+ average score for the weekend and I (FINALLY!) cleared the redcoat targets.  I look forward to crossing paths with you again.

It's probably not said enough... thanks to BeSwift, Catch-10-22 and the Maryland Appleseed crew for another outstanding weekend at the range!

Cheers,

Jim
Jim

13 Sep 2020 - Rifleman patch
23 Jan 2021 - Winterseed patch
08 May 2021 - Distinguished Irons
09 May 2021 - (FINALLY) Cleaned Redcoat
30 October 2021 - Attend 200yd Rimfire KD Appleseed.
TDB - Earn 200yd Rimfire KD Rifleman patch.