News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Willing to Volunteer to Help Teach at Appleseed Events in MO

Started by Manly Warrior, March 04, 2009, 11:41:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manly Warrior

All;

I am a recently retired professional US soldier (23 years, US Army 1983-2006; enlisted Infantry from 83-92, Combat Engr officer since)) Certified NRA Rifle and Pistol Instructor, NRA High Power Expert (Across the Course with an NM M1 built by myself).  I currently teach MO CCW Endorsement courses and Defensive Handgun in the central MO (Fort Wood) area.

Am willing to help out at local area projects if anyone wants-let me know as I am self-employed and need a little lead time to schedule.

Understand there is an Appleseed event in mid-April in Osage Beach MO (~30 miles away).

God Bless

MOLON LABE

Andrew
Major, US Army (Ret)

AFTERMATH

Welcome Aboard! O0

The state cordinator for MO is:  Longshot

Send him a PM and he should be able to tell you where you can find your bucket. ;)

(Actually, you will probably have a hail-storm of buckets thrown at you) ;D

I look forward to seeing you on the Appleseed Trail!

Aftermath

P.S. Thank you for your service to our county!  I'm glad to see you wish to continue serving by volunteering for this 'Noble' cause.

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Greg in MO

Actually, the state coordinator for MO is greybeard.  Longshot did the proper thing and delegated  ;D.

Andrew, welcome aboard!  We can use all the help we can get.

You are correct that we have an Appleseed at Osage Beach in April, but we have 2 in March in Missouri, albeit a tad farther away from you.  Check out the March 21-22 shoot at Williamstown, and the March 28-29 shoot at Cameron. 

Come to one of these shoots and see how we run things, and we'll probably have you instructing at the next shoot!

Looking forward to meeting you!

Greg

Nickle

Manly Warrior, the requirements to become an Instructor In Training (first step to becoming an RWVA Instructor) is to attend 2 Appleseeds, and shoot a Rifleman score (210 or higher).

Now, some of that can be waived, but a Master Instructor is who can waive it. Generally speaking, waivers aren't all that hard to get done. I'm sure 1 Appleseed will be an easy waiver, seeing that you have military and competition experience. If you don't shoot a 210 at that Appleseed, you can easily get that waiver, as you should be close, if not over 210, based on your stated experience. That leaves it to just attending an Appleseed as a shooter, and seeing what the program is about.

Alternatively, you can attend an RBC (Rifleman Boot Camp), and there's one this year in your area.
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.

AFTERMATH

QuoteActually, the state coordinator for MO is greybeard.  Longshot did the proper thing and delegated  .
Sorry about the mis-information.  I guess that roster isn't entirely up to date. :-[
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Redleg13a

Andy, are you coming?  Mark and I will be there.  We'll be in his CUCV I think.  Still haven't decided what I'm bringing but probably my AR's and maybe a 10/22. 

mikaldulee

I am also willing to help.  I have attended an Appleseed and shot Rifleman...by the grace of God, good training and great instruction.

I am also prior service, 9 years U.S. Army...Cavalry Scout and Military Police. 

I can only help on weekends...I work 12 hour shifts(60 hrs) during the week...I'm sorry, it's the best I can do.

Greg or Graybeard, let me know.  I'll do my best.

cmidkiff

Well, if manly warrior was at the April shoot, I must have missed him.

Thanks, Mikaldulee, for stepping up.  You've got the Orange Hat... take it and run with it.

Looking forward to working with you again!

Greybeard

mikaldulee

Thanks,

It brought back some feelings I haven't felt since standing on the line watching my troopers fire.  Now if I can just get the echo only certain commands and "rifle vs. weapon" thing down(that one tickles me)... ;D

Drill and habit are hard to break... #) :))

I'll get there.

I've sent the pm's you told me to this morning.  Dispatch in New Jersey put me on a 4 am load so I had to run home asap.  I'll see if I can get my boss to cut that out on Appleseed weekends.

Greg in MO

Welcome to the ranks my friend. 

Don't sweat the mistakes.  You should have heard greybeard calling the line a couple weeks ago  ;D.  We all screw up occasionally.  You'll get it down.

Really looking forward to working the line with you...

Greg

Redleg13a