News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Questions about RBC at Osage Beach

Started by yellowhousejake, June 22, 2009, 10:20:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowhousejake

I alomost emailed Longshot direct but then thought possibly others might have the same question.

I scheduled vacation to attend the RBC in October (I am in Indiana). It seems that for an RBC up to 400 rounds of ammunition for the day of full distance shooting is needed. I am trying to scrounge 400 rounds but it is not easy.

Deciding whether to reload (I need 300 more rounds of brass mine is on it's last reloading) or purchase new ammo. It might be available between now and October, it might not. The 22 ammo is not a problem, I have plenty.

Just how much ammunition for my MBR will I need for the RBC in October, 200 rds, 300 rds, 400 rds?

Thanks,

DAve
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

cmidkiff

First, don't let ammo concerns affect your attendance... Attending a boot camp is worth it, even if you leave your rifles at home!

I was at last year's RBC at Osage, and I'll be at this years, as well.  If I remember right, I probably fired around 300 rounds of centerfire, and a ton of .22lr.  I brought 500 rounds of .223 and 200 rounds of .308, and hauled most of it back home with me.  Rimfire is a different story... I brought 800 rounds and ended up at wally world buying more.

See you there!

Greybeard

yellowhousejake

I plan to be there even if I have to borrow a friend's Garand and pay counter price for ammunition. (Ouch!)

I plan to bring 1500 rounds of 22LR. I will try to scrounge up 300 rounds for the MBR. I am taking my Enfield, not counting my 375 Winchester it is also my only rifle that is not a rimfire or a frontstuffer 8^)

Thanks,

DAve
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

Romeo's Hero

I just finished the RBC in Piru, CA and was concerned about ammo also, but I didn't use everything I brought.

I used about 250 rounds of .223 (probably could have used about 50+ more, I found it on sale on craigslist the week before) but I only shot it on the pre KD day and the actual KD day. On the .22 I brought 1500 and brought home close to 800. Not sure if we had a low round count RBC or not.

What an amazing week, all of the stuff that is taught is great. Go even if you don't get "enough" ammo.
Rifleman's Cadence: one well placed shot every 2 to 3 seconds..... unless your hyperventilating (modified from AmbulanceDriver)

A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user. - Theodore Roosevelt