Author Topic: A true giant of the revolution  (Read 164 times)

Offline malabar

• AOC Chairman
  • designated Shoot Boss
  • Charter Pistol Instructor

A true giant of the revolution
« on: March 15, 2021, 09:03:58 PM »
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

Offline Mrs. Smith

• Deputy Ladyseed National Coordinator - NM State Coordinator
  • TANSTAAFL!
Re: A true giant of the revolution
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2021, 10:18:27 PM »
I sent this article to a recently acquired friend.  He, too, is 6'6" and young, with not much self confidence.  I hope he'll read it and learn to think of his stature as an asset, rather than an obstacle.

In addition, this past Saturday I took him to the range (he was nervous, and nearly talked himself out of going) and introduced him to a few different platforms.  He fell in love with my AR, and my lever action, and did a great job of following instruction with both the rifles and the pistols. 

I told him he was a Rock Star, and that it was high time he started acting like it  :cool2:
« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 10:21:58 PM by Mrs. Smith »
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"I will accept the rules that you feel are necessary for YOUR freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." - Robert A. Heinlein

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

"I can kill you with my brain." - River Tam

Rifleman 5/29/16
Distinguished Rifleman 06/19/19 LADYSEED
KD Rifleman 10/20/19  KD Requal 10/04/20

Offline Black Knight

• AppleCore/RSO
Re: A true giant of the revolution
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2021, 01:31:45 AM »
Good for you.  So many folks in our society are beat down at an early age and as a result have poor self esteem for the rest of their lives.  You have done this new friend a tremendous service and truly have made a difference in his life.
Black Knight
1st AS: Tuscaloosa, AL OCT  8-9, 2016
Applecore: Jun 6, 2017
AC/RSO: Jul 12, 2017
IBC: Pelham, TN Feb 23-24, 2019