News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Antioch TN IBC March 6-7

Started by Ramblin' Wreck, March 15, 2021, 10:48:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramblin' Wreck

Our goal this year was to hold an IBC in the Volunteer State in February and we almost made it. Scheduling conflicts pushed us to the first weekend in March at the Tennessee Hunter Education facility and range in Antioch, TN. What a great place! They have always been very accommodating for our program and they do not even charge us a range fee since we're a nonprofit. A big thanks to the range manager Officer Turrentine for being such a great host.
An IBC is always a great opportunity to sharpen the saw. At this event we great group of 9 senior local cadre and a mix of 15 experienced instructors and a few new orange hats in the group. The National Coordinator even dropped in for the day on Saturday.  We had a really good instructor/student ratio so our small group exercises went smoothly and we were able stay pretty close to on time for the whole event. The weather was great which was important since most of our small groups were outside.

Thanks to all the students for stepping up to hone your skills and special thanks to instructors Tennessee Beast (state coordinator), Cleveland, Corgi Mom, Tellico, Old Navy Doc, Booney Stomper, Bluegrass Colonel, and Maximum Ordinate for doing the heavy lifting.

We're adding 3 new ranges in Tennessee this year and we're going to need all the help we can get.

I know folks took a lot of pictures so post 'em if you got 'em.

See you on the line.
Ramblin' Wreck
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

Rustygun

Hate I couldn't make it. Always learn a lot and enjoy the comradarie. Where's the pics?

BluegrassColonel

My father didn't serve in WWII.  It wasn't for lack of trying.  He attempted to enlist 3 separate times.  The last time the doctor said he was too short.  He responded that he signed up again because he said he saw a poster that was recruiting short men to be pilots.  The doctor said, "Short, yes.  But this is ridiculous."  In my book, he's still a hero.