News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Please join me in welcoming WA's "newest" SB!

Started by GTEngineer, March 01, 2021, 07:00:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTEngineer

It is my honor and pleasure to introduce to all, Washington state's newest (newest in this instance is relatively speaking, because she has more experience and shoots under her belt than almost everyone in the state!) Shoot Boss, Flipper!  ^:)^ ^:)^ Flipper achieved her last SBIT task last weekend at the Douglas Ridge Rifle Club in Eagle Creek OR under the experienced tutelage of Janer, Kimber Custom, and many others in the state.  Flipper started this journey with her family 11 years ago (her dad is the well known Kimber Custom of the PNW fame), and has volunteered her time and fortune to support the program and to reach her fellow Americans at more than 77 events thus far!  :bow: :bow:  2020 was a heck of a doozie for the state as the start of the pandemic that has unfortunately derailed many of our plans, but Flipper persisted and the results speak for themselves!  O0 O0

Congratulations Flipper on this tremendous achievement!  It is my honor to have worked with you and your family, the entire WA state instructor corp looks forward to continuing this journey together under your guidance! :F

HUZZAH! HUZZAH! HUZZAH!
"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might;..."
Ecclesiastes 9:10

1st Appleseed: Nov 16/17, 2013. Gurley, AL
2nd Appleseed IIT0: April 19, 2014.  Rising Fawn, GA

KD:
May 24/25, 2015. Manchester TN

RFKD:
Aug 20/21, 2022. Bothell WA

Requal:
Sept 30, 2017 Custer, WA
Feb 9, 2020 Redmond, WA
Apr 11, 2021 Redmond WA

Pistoleer™:
Nov 23, 2019 Eagle Creek, OR

Pistoleer™ requal:
May 22, 2021 Parma, ID
Mar 12, 2023 Redmond, WA

NRA Rifle Instructor

Maximum Ordinate

"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

Ghostring

"Whoever looks upon them as an irregular mob, will find himself very much mistaken...
     They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about..." - Lord Hugh Percy

"If a man's from Texas, he'll tell you.  If he's not, why embarrass him by asking?" - John Gunther

"That's Kirby-level shooting, right there!" - Trailman

Earl

Now that is well deserved and long overdue. She has been running shoots only slowing to start on her life's education and vocation. I have more hope for RWVA's future.  ^:)^
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Texas T

Well Done! I spent over 40 years in Oregon, and the only time I saw Douglas Ridge was on the drive to the Boy Scout camp, a little beyond. Looks like a nice range to make SB on. 

O0
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

Google

Tennessee Beast

In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

JayB

As someone who was attending their first Appleseed event as a full Red hat instructor, it was awesome to be there to see Flipper presented with her Shoot Boss hat.
She and Kimber Custom were two of the reasons why I chose to first take up an Orange hat.

Jay

cornhskr

ScubaSteve

Nashville Stage

"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Prescott

Congratulation Flipper! Huzzah, the day has finally arrived for you to wear a green hat.   You have had the skills to perform in the role for many years, you just needed for you age to catch up to your experience.

I knew this day would arrive by the time you made IIT1.  I can remember giving PC's to a very young lady who eagerly absorbed everything she was learning.  You are a great instructor and your wealth of experience will continue to make the NW one of the premier AS regions.

Let me know if you need any help with any of your events, and I will be honored to work as an instructor for you.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

Jerry Hall

Congratulations Flipper annd keep up the good work...  ~~:)

Jerry  :F  :snipersmi  :F
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Moy

Congrats!

After the excellent instruction last year I am not at all surprised :)

Keep up the good work!

JustKim

ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

Black Knight

Outstanding, Flipper!!  Your persistence has really shown this year.  With your wealth of experience, I look forward to learning from you when we meet on the Trail.
Black Knight
1st AS: Tuscaloosa, AL OCT  8-9, 2016
Applecore: Jun 6, 2017
AC/RSO: Jul 12, 2017
IBC: Pelham, TN Feb 23-24, 2019
Pistol IBC: Mar 5,2021

Mrs. Smith

Congratulations, Flipper!  It warms my heart to see another Lady Shoot Boss join the ranks.  The Pacific Northwest is fortunate to have you.
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

Captain

Great Job Flipper and congratulations!! Thanks for doing all the work to get that green hat!
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

HUBBLE

HUZZAH! You are outstanding at your craft. We are lucky to have you. :F
"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." John A. Shedd

"By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail." Benjamin Franklin

Requalified: 6/20/21

Guntuckian

--------------------------------------------------
1st Appleseed:           04/20/2013 - Palm Bay, FL
Rifleman:                   02/01/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
Cleared 1st Redcoat:   02/02/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
1st KD:  Palm Bay 8/14
1st IBC:  Dunnellon 4/15
Palm Bay 4/17 KD Rifleman
Palm Bay 10/20 Rimfire KD Rifleman
NRA Certified (Rifle and Pistol Instructor, RSO)

O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    
  /%       ( V       ,____    O.___.
/  %      o/L         ,___--- V

Cable___Guy

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Americans never quit.
Douglas MacArthur

Flipper

Thank you everyone! I really appreciate all the kind remarks. I have been so blessed by this program over the years and I'm proud to say I am apart of it.
See you on the Appleseed trail  ;)

Flipper

Mike AKA Bandaid

You are amazing Flipper! I am sooooo blessed to be able to work with you! Thank you, and congrats! You've always been a green hat in my book, and now your level is BEGINNING to catch up to your experience!

-Mike aka BandAid
Known Distance Rifleman 07/2018
PNW Morgans Rifleman 07/2018
Red Hat 09/2018
Distinguished 10/2018