News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Homestead Fl AAR Jan 23 - 24

Started by ScubaSteve, January 25, 2021, 03:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScubaSteve

The southernmost Appleseed range, Homestead Training Center, in the US held a great event this weekend. 13 Great americans turned out to learn about their heritage and marksmanship. The weather was great in South Florida and we took advantage of it. We had many experienced Apple Seeders and experienced shooters on the line as well as several that were very new to shooting. In fact 3 adult shooters had never fired a rifle before.  Boy did those three impress us. Jaelene ended the event with a 187 on her AQT. Ruben had a high score of 119 and Jose went from a 46 on his first attempt of an AQT to 133 on his last attempt. Wow that is great improvement.

Steve the father of several of our shooters had just switched from iron sights to a scope. It took a little time to get use to that scope. He went from a low score of 121 to a high score of 224.

4 rifleman scores were turned in this weeknd. Allison, Kelly Steve and Paul all made rifleman and several turned in more than one score over 210 just to prove they could.   If that was not impressive enough from this group 6 other shooters turned in scores over 180.
Javier I am sure is still kicking himself. He improved all weekend taking in everything he saw. He went from a low score of 98 all the way to 209. That 209 was scored even after a jam that kept him from firing one round. If he just had that round back I am sure he would have made that rifleman score.

Hopefully everybody made it home safe and we look forward to seeing you again.

Rustygun

Looks like that was a great Appleseed! Looking at those pics I see a lot of determined looking shooters. Congrats to the new Riflemen and to the shooters who made so much improvement. A lot of iron sights on the line too