News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Orwell, OH RKD 1/16-17, 2021

Started by EZ3, January 17, 2021, 08:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZ3

Six intrepid patriots braved the cold and lake-effect snow to test their skills against the Rimfire Known Distance course at Orwell Gun Club.  Thanks to the Club for being such a gracious host to Project Appleseed for the last few years.  We really appreciated use of the spacious and WARM clubhouse over the weekend.

While everyone who has earned one knows that the Winterseed patch is NOT a "participation trophy", the shooters at Orwell this weekend almost made it seem like one.  Everyone who showed up got one!  High score for the weekend was Calvin, with a 49/50, followed by David with a 48/50.  These gentlemen took home Distinguished rifleman bars to go with their Rimfire KD bars and blue Rifleman patches.  Struggle JUST missed her Distinguished bar, rising to a 47/50 after a rocky start to the weekend.  Tom posted a pair of 46/50s, Kristen topped out at 44/50 this weekend and Jim rang up a 40/50 with iron sights.  In addition to this talented crop of students, all three instructors who shot earned their Rimfire KD bars as well.

Alternative history presented by the instructor crew included Timothy Murphy, Paul Revere, Miliscent Barret and Baron von Steuben at Valley Forge.  Kristen asked for a definition of "Liberty", and the shootboss could not recall the appropriate quote, and so will include it here: "Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others.  I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual."- Jefferson

"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

cwcdl79

Huzzah! What a great weekend spent with such great fellow patriots! The weather provided just enough of a challenge, without being miserable. A lot of learning of equipment went on this weekend, including just how much impact temperature can have on your drops.
Can't wait for the next one (hint hint) ;)

Texas T

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

EZ3

Quote from: Texas T on January 17, 2021, 09:06:55 PM
Just gotta say...

:pics:

Gosh!  Our regular photographer didn't show up!  I hope somebody took some pics!!!    >:D
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

Corvette

WOW, HUZZAH, and REALLY COOL,

Sounds like you all had one heck of a great weekend.  Gosh, I wish I could have been there. Looking forward to additional posts on the event.  To EZ3, the Orwell Appleseed team, and all the shooters. you all are the best. 

Corvette
Ohio SC 
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

cwcdl79

Struggle with her patches

cwcdl79

A little target

cwcdl79

It really did snow

cwcdl79

cwcdl79

Our gallant shootboss

cwcdl79

Unlike other unnamed ranges, you really do see the sun here.

Safekeeper

A Winterseed Winter Wonderland!
"Duty is ours; results are God's." - J. Q. Adams.
1st Appleseed: Pumpkinseed ‘20 Gibonsburg, OH
2nd Appleseed: Winterseed ‘21 KD, Orwell, OH
                       Achieved Rifleman
3rd Appleseed: Patriot's Day ‘21, Orwell, OH
                       Cleared Red Coat and Rifleman

cr0sswind

What a well run event this was! Thank you to our instructors and fellow patriots! All exhibited amazing marksmanship and a desire for Jefferson's definition of LIBERTY!
Rifleman Vienna, OH, April 18, 2009
Re-qualified Slippery Rock, PA, August 8, 2010
Re-qualified Salem, OH, June 28, 2014
Long Range Rifleman New Philly, OH, June 10, 2017
Re-qualified Long Range Rifleman New Philly, OH Nov 11, 2017
Distinguished Rifleman Conneaut, OH, June 3, 2018

Shadow870

congratulations to everyone for earning the patches they did. looks like a great weekend.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of both tyrants and patriots. - Thomas Jefferson

Crazyduckhunter

Another awesome event at Orwell Gun Club. Thank you to all for joining us at this event.

Struggle

:snipersmi It was a super fun weekend!! I was sad I didn't get my elusive Distinguished Rocker but it will happen at some point!

Thanks again for an awesome weekend!