News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Panoramic photo of Parker's Revenge

Started by Oz, November 22, 2020, 12:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oz

A 360 degree panoramic view of Parker's Revenge, from the point of view of the light infantry.  I'm not sure if there is a way to get to this except through the Facebook post. 

https://www.facebook.com/MinuteManNPS/posts/1057801507966379

The "Rocky Outcrop" is the formidable-looking location considered for many years to be the site.  Captain Parker chose a location that does not attract the eye so much.
"You don't know they're all Riflemen.  They might just be people with rifles." - Zazzles, 9/22/12

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It's not."
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"There are no accidents in my philosophy. Every effect must have its cause. The past is the cause of the present, and the present will be the cause of the future." - Abraham Lincoln

"My biggest decision this week?  Well...long story short, I went with the mild sauce."

CarrollMS

Very nice resource. Thanks

another https://www.nps.gov/articles/picturing-parkers-revenge-battle-site.htm

Archeology plus: "Key Terrain, Observation and Fields of Fire, Cover and Concealment, Obstacles, Avenues of Approach" (KOCOA) were used to identify the site.
"Pro Libertate"
Distinguished,
Known Distance,
Rimfire KD 200

Flintlock54

There is a 320 page archeology report on the sight but I cannot download it. Anybody else have any luck?
Acts 22:28. I was freeborn

Oz

"You don't know they're all Riflemen.  They might just be people with rifles." - Zazzles, 9/22/12

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It's not."
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"There are no accidents in my philosophy. Every effect must have its cause. The past is the cause of the present, and the present will be the cause of the future." - Abraham Lincoln

"My biggest decision this week?  Well...long story short, I went with the mild sauce."

Flintlock54

Acts 22:28. I was freeborn