News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Update: Postponed--2021 Instructor Boot Camp New Philly, Ohio

Started by Corvette, November 18, 2020, 02:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corvette

Ohio Appleseeders,

I'm very disappointed to announce that the 2021 Ohio IBC scheduled for March 13-14 has been postponed until October 9-10.  This decision was made after much discussion and deliberation, with input from state and national leaders of Appleseed.  Current Ohio COVID-19 guidelines were also considered and, ultimately, it was decided that delaying a large, indoor, two-day gathering was the best course of action.

We still wanted to provide early season opportunities to shake some of the dust off our skills and to boost progress for the IITs, so we will follow the lead of Michigan and offer a series of one-day mini-IBCs.  The first one will be for Shoot Bosses only and serve to prepare the leaders to support and advance the cadre.  The following three will be open to all in the cadre and will be intended to cover the jumpstart the season.  All are scheduled for New Philadelphia, likely in a hotel conference room convenient to the interstate. The specific location will be announced as soon as it's finalized.  The first two dates will take the place of the previous IBC, March 13-14, and the others will be May 15-16.

In order to honor the Ohio COVID guidance, everyone must sign up as a student.  Yes, that includes the Shoot Boss and instructors.  The links are provided below.

I look forward to working with all of you soon.  I would have preferred to have a gathering of the full Ohio cadre to start the Appleseed season, but we will do the best we can with the cards we have been dealt  :)

March 13 - Shoot Boss Camp:
https://goappleseednow.org/?event=new-philadelphia-oh-instructor-boot-camp-march-13-2021

March 14 - mini-IBC:
https://goappleseednow.org/?event=new-philadelphia-oh-instructor-boot-camp-march-14-2021

May 15 - mini-IBC:
https://goappleseednow.org/?event=new-philadelphia-oh-instructor-boot-camp-may-15-2021

May 16 - mini-IBC:
https://goappleseednow.org/?event=new-philadelphia-oh-instructor-boot-camp-may-16-2021

Note that all the registrations from the March IBC were transferred to October.  We will finalize the student and instructor rosters later.

In Liberty,
Google

Quote from: Corvette on November 18, 2020, 02:24:57 PM
Ohio SB's, Red Hats, Orange and Blue Hats,

We have set the date for the 2021 Ohio Instructor Boot Camp.  We will be returning to Tusco Rifle Club on Mar 13&14, 2021 for the Boot Camp.  I have firmed up the dates with the club president so start checking your schedules. 

We have added approx 40 Orange hats in the last two years and this is your chance to spend two days working on your Appleseed instructor skills.  It will be a full two days covering the program's instructional points, heritage, admin and other program updates.  It will be a mix of classroom, interactive role playing and hands on instruction and practice. 

Not to mention the great comradeship and fun of two days with Appleseeders. 

More details to follow.  Shoot Bosses/Red Hats, if you want to participate in the instruction/presentation teams, sign up in TIPs to instruct for the event, if you want to just attend, sign up through the main registration page on the main site.  Orange /Blue hats, sign up as attendees via the main site. 

Here is a direct link.  https://appleseedinfo.org/schedule/?qstate=OH&state=Ohio

Hope to see many of you there. 

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Crazyduckhunter

Shadow870

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of both tyrants and patriots. - Thomas Jefferson

Chieflane

I can't let you guys have all the fun. I am looking forward to a great training opportunity.

Aliquippa

Also looking forward to it. reading up and trying to prep.

Corvette

Looking forward to seeing everybody at this event. 
Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

RedLeg

Another IBC! Sweet!

I strongly encourage any and all IITs who can make the time to sign up for this. I found it very engaging, fun, and in no way intimidating when I attended a couple years ago. It's definitely worth your time and is a great way to meet new instructors and IITs from around the state.

I'm working with the Wilmington crew to see who plans on attending as Instructors.
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
We seek not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

"Posterity! You will never know, how much it cost the present Generation, to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make a good Use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it." - John Adams in a letter to Abigail, 26 April 1777

Google

This event has been postponed.  Please see the original post for the update.

Google

CountZero

This is the first one of these I've gone too. What should I bring with me?

Google

Count Zero,

PM inbound.

Google

Quote from: CountZero on February 14, 2021, 04:21:31 PM
This is the first one of these I've gone too. What should I bring with me?

CountZero