News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ohio 2021 IBC has been Postponed, Please read for details

Started by Google, January 28, 2021, 04:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Google

Ohio Appleseeders,

I'm very disappointed to announce that the 2021 Ohio IBC scheduled for March 13-14 has been postponed until October 9-10.  This decision was made after much discussion and deliberation, with input from state and national leaders of Appleseed.  Current Ohio COVID-19 guidelines were also considered and, ultimately, it was decided that delaying a large, indoor, two-day gathering was the best course of action.

We still wanted to provide early season opportunities to shake some of the dust off our skills and to boost progress for the IITs, so we will follow the lead of Michigan and offer a series of one-day mini-IBCs.  The first one will be for Shoot Bosses only and serve to prepare the leaders to support and advance the cadre.  The following three will be open to all in the cadre and will be intended to cover the jumpstart the season.  All are scheduled for New Philadelphia, likely in a hotel conference room convenient to the interstate. The specific location will be announced as soon as it's finalized.  The first two dates will take the place of the previous IBC, March 13-14, and the others will be May 15-16.

In order to honor the Ohio COVID guidance, everyone must sign up as a student.  Yes, that includes the Shoot Boss and instructors.  The links are provided below.

I look forward to working with all of you soon.  I would have preferred to have a gathering of the full Ohio cadre to start the Appleseed season, but we will do the best we can with the cards we have been dealt  :)

March 13 - Shoot Boss Camp:
https://goappleseednow.org/?event=new-philadelphia-oh-instructor-boot-camp-march-13-2021

March 14 - mini-IBC:
https://goappleseednow.org/?event=new-philadelphia-oh-instructor-boot-camp-march-14-2021

May 15 - mini-IBC:
https://goappleseednow.org/?event=new-philadelphia-oh-instructor-boot-camp-may-15-2021

May 16 - mini-IBC:
https://goappleseednow.org/?event=new-philadelphia-oh-instructor-boot-camp-may-16-2021

Note that all the registrations from the March IBC were transferred to October.  We will finalize the student and instructor rosters later.

In Liberty,
Google

Quote from: Google on January 28, 2021, 04:25:29 PM
Hello Appleseeders!

I'm excited to announce that I will be visiting Ohio as Shoot Boss for the upcoming Instructor Boot Camp in New Philadelphia, OH, on March 13-14, 2021, at Tusco Rifle Club. It is FREE to the Appleseed volunteer cadre, of course, and is designed to enable all of us to help work Appleseed events with even greater simplicity and precision.  Those who have not worked an event for a while may find it a fine refresher and for those who are seasoned instructors, it may be useful to review a bit.

While this event is scheduled for Ohio, border raiders are welcome to join us! 

Who can come?  It's for Instructors-in-Training, Instructors, Applecore, Shoot Bosses, and even crusty old Senior Instructors!  If you are not yet a volunteer but have attended a 25m event and shot a Rifleman score, come on out.  :)

Stuff you need to know:

1.  The purpose of the IBC is to help our instructors grow and become better teachers, away from the pressure of being in front of students.  If you are an instructor, instructor in training, or interested in being a Project Appleseed Instructor - Sign up!

2.  The IBC is free to attend.  No cost. Sign up!

3.  Don't let the name "Boot Camp" intimidate you.  This is a gentleman's course.  No push-ups, no hazing, no yelling.   Most of our IBC exercises will be in small groups.

4.  Attendance at this event will qualify you for your BOOT CAMP rocker.  Sign up!

5.  If you've not attended an IBC in the last 12 months, please sign up as a student.  Sign up!  We'll need volunteers for the instructor team, so please send a PM if you can help.

6.  An IBC will jump start your teaching skills and may qualify you for accelerated promotions!

7.  An IBC is a great opportunity to enjoy camaraderie with your fellow Appleseed volunteers.

Please pass this along to anyone you think may be interested.  The IBC is the method we use to insure everyone is on the same page when we teach using the Appleseed way: SIMPLICITY and PRECISION.  Please join us and invite others. You are part of an elite group - the best rifle instructors in the country.  Come help us all improve as we spread the message of Liberty.

This is going to be a great event! Hope to see all of you there... so Sign up!  ^:)^

in Liberty,
Google

(Yes, I shamelessly stole the format from MO. It's hard to improve on this.  ;D)

Corvette

All,

I support Google's call to join us.  Some more details.  We are planning on getting meals catered for the weekend.  There will be a charge, probably around $25/person for food for the weekend.  We will be providing bfast Sat and Sun, lunch both days and dinner on Sat in the club house. 

We are able to bunk on site.  There are electric hook ups if you are bringing a camper, there is bunking on site (we have a separate building for the ladies), there are showers available on site and there are hotels near by. 

It will be a great event. Please join us.  If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. 

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Charles McKinley

Please come and meet the wonderful Ohio crew, learn new techniques or just knock the rust off.  TUSCO is a strong and welcoming supporter of project Appleseed.

I'm looking forward to meeting new instructors and seeing old friends.

Chuck
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Boltgunner.2

It's been a little while, but I just signed up for the IBC as well, looking forward to seeing some new faces and a few old ones.

Google

This event has been postponed.  Please see the original post for the update.

Google