News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Parma, ID, Oct 31/Nov1, 2020, AAR

Started by Prescott, November 02, 2020, 01:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prescott

Project Appleseed just finished up an active, but short year, with the last event at the Parma R&GC.   I would like to thank the range for the generous use of the range in the support of AS event.   As long as there are no more Covid restrictions, Project Appleseed could be very busy at the Parma range next year.   I will be requesting dates for 2021 at the November board meeting, and these will include standard two day events, some half day events, some Appleseed Pistol Clinic events and a Ladyseed.   Now I just need to figure out how to fit these all into my schedule!

My favorite weekends are those that I get to spend at the range with Appleseed folks.   I love being around people that want to learn about the heritage of our country, and embrace what we are teaching.   

While we did not get any new rifleman this weekend, all of the students made great improvements in their marksmanship skills.   Four out the five students started the weekend shooting 12-15 MOA groups and all of ended up shooting 4 MOA or smaller group.   At the end of weekend, Ethan was repeatedly shooting 2 MOA groups....amazing progress!

All of the students seemed inspired by the history presentation given this weekend.  As we were packing up on Sunday, Ethan, a 16 year old student, inquired into what it takes to become an AS instructor.   I am anxious to see him at his next event, where he will surely shoot his Rifleman score, and present him with an Orange Hat.   Huzzah!

I will be scheduling the first AS event of 2021 at the Parma range for the weekend of April 17/18th.   Remember to keep dry fire practicing over the winter and I look forward to seeing everyone again.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

NoSheep

We had a great time at our first Appleseed event!  It was the first real rifle training that either of us had and we learned a bunch from the amazing group of instructors.  The history was great as well and we both learned a lot.  The Dangerous Old Men were favorites!  Thank you all for a great weekend, I'm so glad I discovered Project Appleseed (I first saw it mentioned in a forum post or product review while reading on the internet).  We will be back in the spring to earn those Rifleman patches!
-Doug
"Make yourself sheep and the wolves will eat you."  - Benjamin Franklin

Manly Man

Finally getting around to the pictures.  I didn't take many, but got some of the pumpkin fun shoot results.

Pumpkin pictures

-Gary