News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Did You Know That Paul Revere Was Outridden by a 16-Year Old Girl?

Started by Captain, October 19, 2020, 01:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain

This is another "story" from Patriot Academy (some of us have linked to their Constitution classes - which are excellent!).

Anyway, this is the story of Sybil Luddington and it's also told very much in the tradition of our Appleseed short stories (i.e. the "DOM"). So in addition to learning another good story, you can hear one well told! (Also it's less than 4 minutes total!)

Did You Know That Paul Revere Was Outridden by a 16-Year Old Girl?

As a plug for Patriot Academy - I saw that AH1Tom has signed up to be a Constitution Coach as have I. Coaches have access to all the teaching material including the videos and can "host" classes. The message from these classes is very much in line with our Appleseed mission and I would encourage all of us to "attend" one of these classes. (they are frequently offered for free - see below)

Quote from: Patriot AcademyIt's not too late to register for the largest Constitution class ever! To invite your friends to be part of this history making class, share this link: Patriot Academy
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

WhitePaladin

Sir, I will point out that Sybil did not have to dodge horse patrols looking riders on the road that night.  In addition, Revere made many other rides, including lengthy ones in the middle of winter.  Sybil made hers in late April for a much shorter trip than Revere made many times over. 

1) December 1773 - Boston to Philadelphia to carry the news of the Boston Tea Party.
2) May 1774 - Boston to Philadelphia to carry the news of the Boston Port Act.
3) September 1774 - Boston to Philadelphia to carry the news of the Suffolk Resolves.
4) December 1774 - Boston to Portsmouth to warn of an impending powder raid.

I think what Paul Revere did far outweighs what Sybil Luddington did. 

Captain

Well Sir, then we will have to agree to disagree . . . . because Sybil was awesome!

(Yes, I was Captain of the debate team!  ;D )
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

WhitePaladin

I like Paul Revere because he looks a lot like me.....  The spitting image of Revere.....  Or so I'm told......