News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Appleseed in Ventura County Star!

Started by funfaler, February 22, 2009, 03:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

funfaler

Through persistent efforts on the part of Bob 210, there is an article in the Ventrua County Star, about Appleseed.

Check it out here:  http://www.venturacountystar.com/news/2009/feb/22/appleseed-project-clinic-targets-marksmanship/

Thanks Bob!

The dips in your couch will go away if you get up and take the Seventh Step!

V

Unfortunately, or not, depending on your point of view, the online version doesn't have the same impact as the real "paper."

It was a full back page of section B the local events section of the Sunday paper with lots of photos. I'll try to scan it and upload.

Cheers
"Perry"

V

I love the caption to the photo "inspecting marks in the target after firing rounds of ammunition" - doesn't simplicity and precision requires that we simply looked at the bullet holes...

Camljr

It sure does Phillip Perry, a clinic Attendee.... :'( !@#)

I saw in your last post you signed the bottom as "Perry"     O0 >:(

They did get your name and title right in the photo of you though....

Take a look at the after action report. I posted a few pictures already. thought you might want to see them.
96 SHOOTS SO FAR!

WSMR Instructor 03/10  -  SAPPER STEEL!

�The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection�   Thomas Paine

Proverbs 22:3  -  A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even when checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy, nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat".
Theodore Roosevelt

V

Found the photos from the article online at the star here

LayloPro

Wow!! I am truly impressed......
Somebody got that firing line as straight as a razor cut.......mine always look like they were drawn by a drunk painter on a gymkhana course.....  %) **) ++)

That's why I let the better draw-ers do my lines....they aren't all crooked then.... :o :o #)

Seriously, neat article, and quite a nice plug for the program, regardless of who this Terry, or Perry fellow is really....... ++) **) **)

I'll be laughing myself to sleep over this one....... O0 >:D **)

Good job guys, you shine brightly!!
LLP
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

SavageShootr

Hey LLP....

It was good timing on the part of the newspaper because of that straight firing line.  :~

Good article too.  ;)

~SS
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

bob 210

Somehow this story and our quotes got onto the Wall Street Journal's website. Check it out: http://davos.wsj.com/article/0fTL54O3xM3Uo?q=David+Miliband?mod=rss_topics_davos
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

LayloPro

Well, I am -very- interested in knowing who it was that did that line......we -have- to have them out @ Corona next weekend..... :)) <:) O0
As seen by the recent newspaper articles & YouTube stuff that's starting to pop up, we are certainly under a tighter & higher standard of being proper.....

"Good enough" never has been, and is certainly less so now...... &) @&)

See ya in a bit!!
LLP

OK Bob, I am at a bit of a loss as to this one.....but it appears we have instantly gone "International"......"that was easy!"........
Everybody buckled up? ;)

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

V

Quote from: bob 210 on February 26, 2009, 06:09:23 PM
Somehow this story and our quotes got onto the Wall Street Journal's website. Check it out: http://davos.wsj.com/article/0fTL54O3xM3Uo?q=David+Miliband?mod=rss_topics_davos
That is crazy as all hell.... David Milliband is the British Foreign Secretary (kinda equivalent to Hillary Clinton, guess which one shaves) but its on a blog about Davos meeting.... this comes out as the top search item on google with "appleseed site:wsj.com" but a search for appleseed on WSJ itself finds the link to VCS but only on the third or fourth page of results....

this has gotta be some kind of programming glitch but hey we'll take it...

it must be some kind of spider which searches articles for quotes and throws up a keyword driven automatic page... if we can work out what threw it a wrench we can game it to keep appleseed topics popping up on the WSJ....

Sorry, my inner geek has temporarily overcome my inner rifleman... need Antibubba to put me right again.

bob 210

There we go.....falling through opened doors again. @)
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

LayloPro

kinda equivalent to Hillary Clinton, guess which one shaves
Is this a multiple choice question???? >:D >:D %)

Sorry, my inner geek has temporarily overcome my inner rifleman
Be still, Grasshopper, and know that they are as but one....as the water flows over the rock in the stream bed, you can be a "Rifleman Geek".......... **) **) ++)

Sorry, way too many karate lessons back in the day...... >:D %) ++)

What I liked the most out of this all is that your quotes may have been taken from the British ex-pat side, but still putting forth the truth we all hold as so evident to those with eyes to see.......nothing could have been taken out of context.......absolutely awesome job, V!!! O0 O0 O0

And once again....Cali leads the way in getting some prime advertising & ink.........you go, cowboy!!! O0 <:) O0