News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Fellow instructor needs a hand

Started by Ramblin' Wreck, July 31, 2020, 07:20:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramblin' Wreck

Hey folks, one of our comrades-in-arms, Master Instructor Eric McCabe/ItsanSKS, is having some difficulty up in Alaska. Eric moved there to work and be near his aging father whose health is failing and nearing the end. Eric posted this yesterday on Facebook.
==========================================================================================

As I've been calling friends and family, trying to relate the current situation with my dad, everyone keeps saying "if there's anything..."
I'm not good at asking for help. As a friend told me yesterday, I'm a helper- I'm used to being the one doing the helping. It's just part of who I am.
Right before Thanksgiving of last year, I got laid off from work- not unexpectedly, and the timing frankly couldn't have been better. Dad went into the hospital shortly thereafter, and my being off work allowed me to spend time advocating for him in the hospital, and then helping to take care of him when he got out.
Eventually, unemployment insurance runs out. Savings accounts aren't bottomless, and neither are retirement accounts. Not being able to work full time has, after six months, brought me to a financial crisis, at the same time I'm trying to deal with the impending loss of my father.
Sabrina was kind enough to start a "go fund me" account? Campaign? Yeah, one of those things, whatever you want to call them, she started one for me, and suggested that I suck up my pride and start asking for the help that I need.
So here I am, asking for your help. Money collected will help with bills, and the final expenses for my father. *Any* amount that you can give will be appreciated. If you can't give directly, please help by spreading the word.
The link to the Go Fund Me campaign is:  https://www.gofundme.com/f/caring-for-his-father

If you're in a position to do so please give Eric a hand. I know he and his family will be grateful.
Ramblin' Wreck
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown