News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Kudos for the Sacramento Crew

Started by scuzzy, October 19, 2020, 11:10:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzy

Got this in an email this morning - y'all did a good job:

Dear Appleseed,

My son and I attended this weekend's Appleseed event at the Sacramento Valley Gun Club.  We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and learned an immense amount about shooting, U.S. history, and our ongoing responsibility as Americans.  Laurie and the other instructors were nothing less than fantastic, and that goes for each of them.  They were all very professional, patient, and encouraging.  I appreciate all of the work they did for us this weekend, but I presume there's a lot more work that goes on "behind the scenes" because they made it look easy.  They were prepared when we arrived at 8:00 a.m., they were obviously eager to help everybody  I believe there 5 minors there this weekend (including my own) and they all seemed very comfortable with the instructors and the teaching they received.  My son's at the age where 1) he doesn't take advice from me, regardless of how much I know of a subject and 2) he doesn't see any reason to do anything that doesn't directly benefit him.  Still, he's thankful for the weekend's event and all he learned, and he has some appreciation for the history he learned.  (Especially when I remind him that some of his ancestors fought in the civil war.)  I presented him with some questions after getting home and unwinding.  He now believes that he understands shooting techniques and also thinks he can handle any rifle properly.  He just told me now that he would've never considered using a a sling and he understands now how it's properly used as well as the stability it provides him.

I cannot tell you just how much this last part means to me.  Knowing my sons can use a rifle to great effect is a long-standing desire I've had since my first was born nearly 30 years ago.  (By the way, Appleseed trained him, too!)  I feel like this has finally been accomplished and now we can work on practicing and refining our skills.

So yes, you will be seeing us in the future again for sure!  Our rifles were not in good working order, but I intend to get them that way and then we can watch his progress.  He was interested in the Rifleman patch, and though he didn't achieve it, I think it's a worthwhile goal to work toward.

Please accept my sincerest gratitude.  I'm looking forward to the next event.

Sincerely,
E.B.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

NorCal22Gal

Now that is why we do this right???  OH YEAH!!! 

Look forward to seeing them out next year.

eaglescouter

A team of volunteers, with decades of combined Appleseed teaching experience, working together like a well tuned machine, can accomplish nearly anything.

My thanks to both the Instructor crew for their selfless dedicated service, and to the students for their amazing attitudes and perseverance.

Head's up CMP, I suspect a flood of new orders is headed your way this week !
Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleerâ„¢:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

Texas T

Quote from: NorCal22Gal on October 19, 2020, 12:11:36 PM
Now that is why we do this right???  OH YEAH!!! 

Look forward to seeing them out next year.

Yes, that IS why we do this. Well said.
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017