News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

April Morning

Started by BD, July 21, 2020, 09:36:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BD

April Morning.  A good book and a decent film

This movie comes up for discussion every now and then.
It's a classic made for TV film from the 80's, now on Youtube for free.
Lord knows how long before it gets taken down for subversive content.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IQkkmGiTxQ

It's not an exact telling of the events in Lexington, but it is light years beyond the nonsense on History Channel these days.
It even features some of the cheesy TV stars of the day doing some of their best work, along with Tommy Lee Jones starring.
If you haven't seen it, check it out.
Up the Republic

T. WOLF

That was entertaining!  I kind of half-watched it while I was dealing with my inbox. 

No matter how many times I hear it described, the idea of patriots getting amped up for battle by a little kid playing a fife just makes me laugh.  It was worth it for the fife scene alone.
"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leaders, and concerting measures in opposition to each other." ~John Adams 1780

cornhskr

azmule

Also available, "The Crossing," a dramatization of the events leading up to the battle of Trenton.  Likewise perhaps not as good as it could have been, but way better than we've come to expect from a TV movie.  I'd hold a house party to screen either to commemorate their respective dates.
Talk is cheap because the supply exceeds the demand.

Do or do not - there is no "try."'  -Yoda

CarrollMS

I have this movie set on my smart phone calendar and watch it on Prime each 19th of April.
I also watch the series "Sons of Liberty" that I bought from Amazon which is not nearly as accurate, and adds a lot of Hollywood nonsense
"Pro Libertate"
Distinguished,
Known Distance,
Rimfire KD 200