News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Denver, CO: Skyline HFC (Microseed) AAR Jun 30, 2020

Started by Captain, June 30, 2020, 10:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain

Well this was kind of a repeat of the Father's Day Miniseed nine days ago. MileHiXJ was just under the wire at our last meeting but he was determined to do a little dryfire practice at the house . . . and what a difference that can make! After letting me know he didn't need any "warmup", he knocked out an AQT at 216. I was satisfied but he claimed I had a "look" so he loaded prepared 4 mags for a rapid fire AQT. Four minutes later he had bumped up his score to 221! Here's a guy "who knows well what he's about." As soon as he had his patch in hand, he passed me his paperwork to become an instructor! So a new orange hat has been duly issued in Colorado! Huzzah!
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

Mrs. Smith

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

sleepy

Miniseeds are a great way to "make things happen" due to fewer distractions and schedule flexibility. It's also a way for an instructor to get some trigger time for a change.

I'll encourage all SBs to start using the concept; it can pay big dividends come your next scheduled shoot by putting new cadre on the line.