News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Planning Conneaut 2020

Started by EZ3, May 28, 2020, 02:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZ3

So, we will find out in a couple days if this event will occur, but for now let's assume it will.  Does anyone have requests for POI presentation?  Anyone pursuing a promotion?  With so much help, I'm planning on doing nothing but the Safety Briefing and Benediction.  I hope you guys won't disappoint me!    ;)
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

Birdman

What a wonderful crew that signed up! Anybody besides EZ3 need to camp? The clubhouse will be available for restrooms (so far!) First club meeting June 2 since this COVID stuff.

cwcdl79

I'll be commuting each day.
Well boss, choose wisely to avoid disappointment.... ;D
Let me know what you want me to do

Crazyduckhunter

I figure as usual Friday afternoon I will go to Orwell and pick everything up for the weekend. Thinking if someone could lend me a hand at Orwell around 16:00. Should put me up to the range to meet Birdman around 17:00ish. Do you think I should bring the canopies also?
CDH

Birdman

Just returned from our club meeting. Conneaut Project Appleseed is a go for June 13 and 14. We will be able to use club restrooms, but not the kitchen. We should do all instruction outside. The range will be closed after 5pm on Friday evening for setting up. Ron, the 2 big canopies would be great, and I will bring the two smaller pop-ups that I have.
We need to decide if we (Carl Hall) should cook burgers and hotdogs for shooters and instructors for donation. (as was posted in the flyer) I also thought potato salad, single serve assorted chips, and cookies would be good enough. I suppose the food should not be self-serve, and be portioned out by a server, to keep many hands off serving utensils.
EZ3, what do you think?
Birdman

Crazyduckhunter

This is some great news no doubt that this event will be happening. I will bring both big canopies along with all of the other gear from Orwell. Yes the lunch by donation would be a wonderful thing. Absolutely.

Ricochet Rabbit

EZ3: There were so many instructors signed up already, and I am overdue on a requalification, so I just signed up to shoot this one. However, I am working on the heritage, so, if you do not mind, I'd like to knock out the First Strike.
"The most natural and eligible mode of attack on the part of the people is that of detached parties of bushmen who from their adroitness in the habitual use of the firelock suppose themselves sure of their mark at a distance of 200 [yards]." - Thomas Gage, March 4th, 1775

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption
of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the
Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters." - Daniel Webster

"When all connection, upheld by commerce, with the mother country, shall cease, it may be suspected that an independency of her government will soon follow." - Thomas Gage

Ricochet Rabbit

CDH: I am in between the two ranges now, so I will meet you in Orwell at around 1600 Friday to help move stuff. I upgraded from the Fiat to a truck, so I'll have room to haul anything that doesn't fit in your truck.
"The most natural and eligible mode of attack on the part of the people is that of detached parties of bushmen who from their adroitness in the habitual use of the firelock suppose themselves sure of their mark at a distance of 200 [yards]." - Thomas Gage, March 4th, 1775

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption
of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the
Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters." - Daniel Webster

"When all connection, upheld by commerce, with the mother country, shall cease, it may be suspected that an independency of her government will soon follow." - Thomas Gage

EZ3

Awesome news!  Yes, Birdman, let's make lunch available for donation.  I will email the students to let them know that's still an option,  but if they prefer not to participate they should pack lunch.  The extra precautions for serving are a great idea, I'll include that in the email

St8space spoke up first, so he has dibs on 1st Strike.   Who wants 2nd & 3rd?  DOM?  Birdman, unless you say otherwise I'm assuming you will have "hosting" duties, so I wasn't planning on having you run the line.  If I'm wrong about that let me know

I need a Volunteer for line boss for Saturday AM, who will also introduce line commands and the Red  Coat COF.  Also need two volunteers for a teaching team to demonstrate the positions, sling use, etc on Saturday. 

There are several youth students in this class, so prepare your instruction with that in mind.  Also, keep it short and to the point.  There are plenty of us to cover the "fine points" one-on-one on the line

I can bring a couple 10x10 pop-ups if that will help

cwcdl79

I'll take whyman and line boss.
If you want me to do a strike I can....I'm pretty sure I can keep them under the 80 minute mark  @)

Crazyduckhunter

I will take 2nd strike since I know 3rd is Dom's favorite. I will make it short so Dom has plenty of time:)

Great news St8spce. Thanks. See ya at orwell next friday. I will likely go down around 15:30 or thereabouts.

EZ3. If you would like I will be on the teaching team for slings and whatnot.

I believe that several if not all of the youth shooters have attended prior events.

Texas T

I'll take David Lamson.

Ron, will you be bringing your Brown Bess? If so, might I use it as a prop for the Lamson part?
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

Crazyduckhunter

Sure I will bring the Brown Bess! Absolutely!

I talked with GMJOE yesterday and he volunteered to be on the teaching team also as long as he did not have to be the gumby for sitting/kneeling.

EZ3

Anyone have any prospects for getting that last spot filled?  C'mon, guys, you're sooo close to a sellout!

EZ3

Nice job guys!  Sold out!

OK, so far here's what we have:  Nobody working on a promotion.  Dom has Sat. AM line boss, including Redcoat and Line Commands.  CDH & GIJoe have Sling Use and Positions, except we need a gumby for sitting/kneeling.

St8space has 1st Strike, CDH has 2nd Strike, 3rd Strike is still open.  Texas T has David Lamson, Dom has Hezekiah Wyman, Sam Whittemore is still open.

Also still open: Six Steps, NPOA, Talking Targets, IMC, Rifleman's Cadence and Known Distance.  Volunteers?

Birdman

I'll take Sam Whittemore. Gotta do something....

Texas T

I can cover Six Steps and NPOA.
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

MI IBC, February 2017

Texas T

I can cover Line Boss whenever Dom needs/wants some relief.

MI IBC, February 2017

cwcdl79

I can take 3rd.
And kd ifn you need me to boss.
What time sat?

Crazyduckhunter

GMJoe and I will trade off /on for instructions and gumby for all positions.

Crazyduckhunter

I also have two 5 gallon water jugs that I will bring filled with ice water.

cwcdl79

Do we have a time for Saturday yet?

EZ3

Quote from: cwcdl79 on June 11, 2020, 09:09:27 AM
Do we have a time for Saturday yet?

I'm thinking we'll do the instructor meeting at 8AM, unless there is a reason to do it earlier.  I'll probably show up earlier so I have time to haul my stuff over to the line, string up some flags, etc.  Looking forward to seeing you guys!

EZ3

Quote from: cwcdl79 on June 08, 2020, 10:38:42 PM
I can take 3rd.
And kd ifn you need me to boss.
What time sat?

Hey Dom, you've got 3rd Strike and KD.  See you in the morning.